• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Synthetic Sealant still the best top coat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Synthetic Sealant still the best top coat?

Sounds good. I'll try it on the next car. Will it come out in the professional line and 64oz bottles? Don't need a new foam pad and towel in every box.

Comment

I just got my car painted.. these birds, I don't know what the heck they are eating but they'll screw up a paint job.
      I just bought some Meg Carnauba, I want to protect my car from these birds the best I can.

Is this the best product for the best protection for me?

Thanks.

Comment

ZB40 - you say you just got your car painted. You will need to contact your body shop/painter to see how long the paint needs to "outgas" before you apply wax or sealant. The recommendation is often at least 30 days and sometimes as long as 45 days. On the spot of the bird bombs, flood off with water or use your quick detailer with a clean microfiber.

Comment

I would say put Ultimate wax over M21v2 because it has less cleaners in it.

Comment

What do you all think of Collinite 476 or 845 as a top coat? I recently bought both and was thinking of using 476 to top my base of GC paste?
            "STRIFE" aka Phil
            2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
            2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
            2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

I would keep the Collinite and Megs families separate lest they start a feud! I have both, both great products but don't mix the two technologies.

As to the OP's question: Is Synthetic Sealant still the best top coat?
              I have used NXTv1 & 2, M21 and UW. The winner is UW, esp on dark colours.
              Paul Marmarinos
              Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
              "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');