• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Scratches from Vinyl Dash/Interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Scratches from Vinyl Dash/Interior

I bought a car a few months back and have got a good detail on the inside, but one part in particular is bothering me and that's the various scratches that are on my vinyl. They appear on door panels, the dash, the glove box-you name it. Most of them are light and should be able to be taken out fairly easy I would think, but I'm not sure how to approach it.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Re: Removing Scratches from Vinyl Dash/Interior

i'm in same situation... let you know when if i figure it out

good luck

Comment

I figured it out. A combination of APC, elbow grease, plenty of time, and the right amount of heat (applied very carefully) made it flawless. Didn't think it would be so easy, yet time consuming.

Comment

Personally, I do not even try to remove scratches out of vinyl, plastic, etc. I stick to only removing scratches from paint and clear plastic. It's just too risky for me and I don't want to make anything worse for a client.

I just dress the vinyl and plastic with Ultimate Protectant and it does a good job of hiding it.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');