• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hard yellow stains on hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard yellow stains on hood

Hi,

turmeric powder fell on my car hood which was left for one day before I noticed. it. now when I tried to wash it off with car cleaning shampoo it was not going off. It sticked to my white metallic paint as if I painted with some light yellow paint.

Any idea how to get these stains off? Please help me!

Re: hard yellow stains on hood

I don't know what turmeric powder is, but have you tried clay bar yet? Suppose to b able to remove overspray and the like, so unless its eteched in, might be worth a try?
    2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

The only Turmeric I know of is a cooking spice. Clean it of the surface with a chemical paint cleaner (Klasse AIO)

I'm surprised you LSP didn't stop it from adhering to the paint
      ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

The powder part might have gone, but migh have acted like a dye as well.

I agree with the paint cleaner as the next best option. The AIO mentioned above is good, though I'll throw out the Meguiars AIO's like Cleaner/Wax or ColorX also.

Or a paint cleaner alone like SwirlX, and then some wax after.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

[The powder part might have gone, but migh have acted like a dye as well.]

Your'e right, Tumeric is often used to colour rice (its a lot less expensive than Saffron)
          ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi,

I've BMW 328i Alpine White. Same happened to my New car.
            Solution: Clean the Stain region with "Krikland Surface wipes (Yellow Box Wipes)" and Keep the car in sunlight for 1 hours. You will see the magic. The turmeric stain will evaporate. I can show you my car picture, but there is no attachment functionality in this mail chain.

Krikland Surface wipes:

Regards,
            Karthik

Originally posted by ravicv View Post
            Hi,

turmeric powder fell on my car hood which was left for one day before I noticed. it. now when I tried to wash it off with car cleaning shampoo it was not going off. It sticked to my white metallic paint as if I painted with some light yellow paint.

Any idea how to get these stains off? Please help me!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');