• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying polishes with G-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying polishes with G-100

I am a newbie to the G-100 and have a question about product application. When applying something like 80 or 83 using the up down left right slightly overlapping method, How do I know when to stop and remove the product with my microfiber. I think I have seen that you dont want to let it dry because it can even mess up your paint. Can someone give me some pointers as to when to know when to stop and remove the product. Will the product become kind of clear as the abrasives break down? Will a warning sign be it turning powdery, any tips will be appreciated! Also should 80 or 83 be very hard to remove with a microfiber towel if not allowed to dry?

Thanks!

Kevin

What up Kev?

I could tell you but check out this great thread instead.

A picture says 1000 words and this thread speaks volumes. Thanks again to Mosca for documenting and posting this thread. Using #83 and #80, and getting your G100/PC to do the work of a rotary.

Take a look and we can discuss further if needed.

Comment

Thanks Scrub!

It might just be a trial and error thing while I learn to use it. I just didnt want to learn by getting the product too dry and screwing up the paint on my new car. Is this a possibility or will I just kind of know when it is time to stop.

Comment

Dry buffing is a possibility. Screwing up the finish with the light cut polishes and the PC, while not impossible, could happen. Not real easily though. It takes time to develop an eye for when to stop buffing. That post should help develop that eye even quicker. One indicator of not buffing long enough is the polish is difficult to wipe off. The polish should turn clear when ready to remove.

Hope you find this helpful.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');