• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Ultimate Polish and Wax user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Ultimate Polish and Wax user

The vehicle is a 2009 black Ranger . Before I got the truck it was involved in a roll over and the truck was repainted , same color only single stage paint. The paint is about 6 months old . About 6 weeks ago i used m20 on it , thats when i found out it was a single stage repaint. So, after reading posts about the benefits of polish , i decided to try Ultimate Polish followed by Ultimate Wax .

I never used a polish before so this is my first experience with it . Both polish and wax were applied by hand.

Ultimate Polish is a little work . I started with a 2 x 2 foot area but it dried or got sucked into the paint so fast i limited the work area to 1 x 1 , and it still dried pretty quick. Time was a little over 3 hours to polish the truck.

The Ultimate Wax didnt go on and off as easily as I had expected from reading other post . I worked a section at a time , let dry 15 to 20 mins, then remove . A little streaky . Wiped down entire truck with very lightly damp micro fiber , so the truck looked pretty good. Next day put the 2nd coat of Ultimate Wax on , same thing , streaky so i did the damp wipe down again . The truck did look better the 2nd day .
    About 2 1/2 hours for 2 coats of Ultimate Wax .

I have used m20 , m26 , old and new Gold Class on other vehicles. Im not a expert but applying and removing Ulitmate Wax is about like working with m26 and not nearly as easy to work with as Gold Class+.

Ultimate Polish is work but if aids in protecting the finish its worth the effort. Polish by itself doesnt offer any protection from the elements but Im thinking that a polish under a sealant will help keep the paint from drying out or oxidizing longer than if there was no polish or only the polish from a AIO product . Yes , no ?

One other question , you think its ok to apply something like Pinnacle Sig Series II wax over Ultimate Wax after a few washes ? Reason being SSII offers some UV protection and SS paint on the truck, well, has no clear coat for UV protection.

Thanks
    Thanks.

Re: Another Ultimate Polish and Wax user

Yeah, the wax is really very different. Just tried it myself last weekend, was interesting. But any streaking does seem to clear up.

Would seem odd for a 6 month old paint job to be dry, but if it wanted the oils, then good of it. You may do better with a product like #80, which will have a lot of oils, or a pure polish which is all oils.

You can try any wax you like over the Ult. Wax, but I wouldn't plan on getting a lot of UV protection from a wax.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Another Ultimate Polish and Wax user

Just wondering , what exactly do UV rays do to paint ?

Is it the rays or heat that cause oxidation ?

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');