• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found the secret to new car smell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found the secret to new car smell...

My 3 year old car had the new car smell this morning when I went out to it. I was AMAZED!!

Heres how I did it.

Get a black can the energy drink "Full Throttle". It must be the black can as different colors have different flavors. Then leave the can half full overnight. If it matters, temps were in the high 40's, low 50's. 10 hours later the smell was unmistakable and spot on. New car smell.

What I want:
    In exchange for this info, I want a lifetime supply (12 bottles/year) of the stuff. And maybe a $100 cash award.

thanks
    2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Barcelona Red Metallic

Re: Found the secret to new car smell...

Are you serious?

Comment

Either that or buy a new car when the scent fades away!

Comment

100% serious. Hey, try it yourself! At least in my experience, this WORKED.

Comment

Haaaaa!

Comment

Mixture of Simple Green + Tuff Stuff is a carbon copy as well.
            2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
            2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

You realize, if a company actually replicated the new car smell accurately, it would be a billion dollar idea.

I don't know how this makes the smell, but its a starting point to make the it. All they would have to do is replicate the smell of the energy drink and ration it to the right amount ingredient/air mix.

Comment

I am so trying this tonight lol

Comment

Many years ago I was talking to a man that sold scents whosale. I ask him for a new car scent sample that did smell like a new car. He said that it was a fantacy scent and it couldnt be made. He did give me a sample of popcorn scent that did smell like popcorn. I ask him who buys this , and he said theaters. They spray it around and it makes people hungry for popcorn.

Comment

The reason that new car smell can't be made is because every new car smells different. Go sit in a BMW, then a chevy, then a nissan, and they will all have the new car smell, yet it will be a bit different for each. Also, leather vs cloth makes a big difference, as well as other materials.

Comment

I don't know if this is true, but I've heard the "New Car Scent" is actually the scent of the carpet and fabric glue curing in the sun at the dealership. Any thoughts on if this is correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Echelon View Post
                        I don't know if this is true, but I've heard the "New Car Scent" is actually the scent of the carpet and fabric glue curing in the sun at the dealership. Any thoughts on if this is correct?

I think that by the time a car hits the dealership, the glue would have had more than enough time to cure.
                        Nothing beats the smell of a new car, other than new shoes, or new tires.

Comment

it's the outgassing of the plastics / leathers that create the smell. bad for your body, but a good smell to many.
                          NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

ChemicalGuys does Sell a New Car Scent! anyone tryed out that one?
                            The light polishing formula creates a brilliant shine with minimal effort. Ultra-refined abrasives restore the mirror shine to polished metal surfaces. The easy-to-use cream polish works great on wheels, bumpers, exhaust tips, diamond plate, emblems, metal trim, and accents. The advanced cleaners remove light stains, oxidation, road tar, water spots, filth, and grime to reveal a show-winning shine. Light Metal Polish is non-caustic, non-toxic, and is safe for all metal surfaces.

i did Try ed out there Leather Scent !and that one is freaking amazing:O
                            i do primarily use it for the up most luxury car's i work on!

7 out of 10 appreciate the smell i leave in it!
                            the others want the smell of Meg's All-Purpose Cleaner
                            Which i personally Favor for my VW Golf Mk3 it Very pleasent when you go back to home from and smell that!!

Just my Two cent on this ! =)

Comment

New car smell - is the common term for the odour that comes from the combination of materials used and out gassing of vinyl plasticisers, various adhesives and the leather hides that are found in new automobiles, some mfg try to market a counteractant that will emulate it.

Many health care professionals question as to wither the volatile chemical compounds pose a health risk as they are in such a confined area.
                              ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');