• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear coat come back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear coat come back

I am fixing scratchs and paitn chips on my camaro ss. I began the process by cleaning the area and then I applied touch up paint, sanded down the paint bumps but in the process tok some of the touch up off.
    I waited for 24 hours to initiate sanding and used 3 to 4 coats when appling the touch up paint using an artist brush. The clear coat looks dull or is non existent as I have completed this process twice in temperatures at an average of 71 degrees temperature. I finish the process by compunding and polishing to restore shine but its still disappointing to the the clear coat that once was gone and the touch up paint only faintly covering up the primer which is black underneath. Any tips on how I can restore the clearcoat and properly get the touch up paint to cover up the scratches?
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');