• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110v2 and G220v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G110v2 and G220v2

Previously i reviewed that G110v2 was the best machine that i've ever used. It didn't bogged down even with speed setting 1 or 3 or 5. After several applications with Meguiars Polish & Finishing pad, it feels like v1 all over again, occasional rotational action stop and the pad feels heavy/dragged along.

My friend just bought the new G220v2 and tried it out as comparison. Came to a surprise that G220v2 had a soft start like rotary and felt more powerful.

Theory #1: I live in 220v environment, so i figured gotta be the transformer that change the 220v input into 110v output that caused the problem.
    Theory #2: My pads are slightly curved, so the non-flatness might cause the problem.

So i tried to disprove my theory by using my cuved pads on his 220v2 machine, it rotated like normal, unlike in mine which bogged down a lot. So my question: Is there any design improvement on G220v2, specifically the soft start? I bought my G110v2 about March/April 2010, so it's not that long ago.

Also regarding the Meguiars pad: I switched to a brand new flat Meguiars pad, and the problem disappeared as well. It made me to turn into Lake Country 5.5" pad cause it's much more manageable and the pressure is more even to the pad due to smaller gap between the pad and 5" Backing Plate. The difference between 7" pad and 5.5" pad are night and day, i can finally make my D/A to feel like a mini rotary once more. So here comes question #2: Does anyone experiencing the same thing? I used the pad about 4-5 cars since my first purchase and they already bogged down the machine.

Thx

Re: G110v2 and G220v2

Friendly bump....anyone?

Comment

I am curios to knwo too, because I have placed my order today for the G220v2 from UK.
      2011 Maxima Satin White Pearl QX3
      2012 Renault Clio RS200 Liquid Yellow
      Meguiars G220 v2 DA Poliser

Comment

My first question would be is what are the specifications on your step down transformer? What voltage do you have? 220? 210? need to measure. First guess woud be that you might be somewhat low on voltage after stepping it down or under load.You would actually need to measure voltage at your cord under load.

Comment

I'm using the G220 here
          in Australia. 7" pads are too big for this machine that lacks power imo.
          4" pads are ok.
          i just ordered the Flex 3401, G220 will end up on ebay.

Comment

I'm using a G110v2 with a step down transformer, since I live in an 220V environment. The G110v2 works perfectly! Very powerful motor even when using 8" pads.
            Greetings from the Montero Sport Club of the Philippines! Visit us online at: www.monterosportclubphils.com

Comment

I still think that it's his step down transformer. It just might be to small and the voltage drops while putting the polisher under load. Need to run it under load and check voltage.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');