• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microfiber Paint Correction System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microfiber Paint Correction System

Hey guys, just placed an order for the G110V2 + Microfiber Paint Correction System. I have some questions regarding how to achieve the best balance of paint correction and shine.

Prior to ordering my G110V2, I have been applying Ultimate Compound, Deep Crystal Polish, and the Pure Carnauba Wax...all by hand.

With the new system, I wanted to know if all of my previously purchased products would go to waste, since the new kit is a "complete system" with compound, wax, and sealant?

I'm not quite sure if this kit replaces the need to use any other products, or if there are still products that are better than what's in the kit, such as Ultimate Wax.

Re: Microfiber Paint Correction System

I wouldn't say that it will go to waste. Just buy some of the W8207 and 9207 pads to use for the products you mentioned.

I don't think it will replace the old products... It's just another way of tackling the problem or swirls and achieving a show car finish. There could be paint finishes that will not react well to the MF system and react great from the foam pads... I don't know and there's no single approach on detailing...

I haven't used the system yet but what I plan on doing is doing the D300 with the MF cutting disc then following it up with M205 or UP on a finishing foam pad and then applying my favorite wax on top, which is ultimate paste wax.

You should try using all different combinations and pick what you like best.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');