• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint cleaner / polish for 99 and 05 cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint cleaner / polish for 99 and 05 cars

Newbie here, I have a white 1999 Honda CR-V and an Anthracite (Dark metallic grey) 2005 Acura TL. To the extent possible I'd like to use the same products on each. I have:

Wash--Gold Class
    Wax--NXT
    Protectant--303

Need to get clay, at least reading about it doesn't seem like rocket science since the product selection is somewhat limited.

What does seem like rocket science is the paint cleaning/polishing step, the selection is overwhelming.

The CR-V hasn't been taken care of in some time, but itsn't in bad shape considering. The swirl marks aren't bad at all (white hides well, I guess), but it definitely needs to have the clay bar run over it and it doesn't have the shine it once had.

I have a cheap, single-speed orbital buffer, may get a PC but don't have it yet.

I'm a weekend warrior who basically justs wants the cars to last, I don't see myself doing this more than once every six months at best (washing more frequently).

Any polish that would work for both, or are the color and age differences to significant? Thanks.

The consumer line may be for you.. Deep Crystal Step 1 (paint cleaner) and Deep Crystal Step 2 (Polish) are both good products, esp if you are not worried about getting into the profesional line. Then just use your Nxt Wax instead of the Deep Crystal Step 3 (wax).

For a one step product, ColorX may also be of interst to you, as it is a cleaner, polish and wax, then top it with your Nxt.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Just to go a step further...

The single step type of products like ColorX may not clean the paint as well as a pure paint cleaner, and polish as well as a polish, and have the same protection as a wax, but you may find yoruself using it more often, which is very good also.

Five steps every time might make you only feel like doing a washing/claying/cleaning/polishing/waxing every six months... but 1 or 2 steps, like colorX and Nxt, may make you feel like doing it every month or two, which will most likely protect your cars more. And the claying, and other single step products can be done at 6 months or so then.

Hope this helps, or keep asking questions so we can help you.

Comment

Thanks. From what I'm reading around here and what the Meguair's folks said over the phone, I may get the PC and try the #80.

Comment

Definately good as well. I plan to get one when I get around to setting the cash aside..

The #80 will be mildest, which is good to start with, and if not enough, you can go to a little more agressive of a product. #83 is popular for a little more bite if you find you need it.

Have fun with your new toy....

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');