• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep rock chip repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep rock chip repair

Long story short, had a tech at the car dealer take my car for a 20 mile test drive for a simple alignment. Ended up getting a rock chip in the front bumper. I cannot upload a picture, but the chip is probably 1/4" long and is down to the black primer.

Dealer offered to have their guy who comes out to repair minor damage to used cars/cars on the lot blend paint onto the bumper to cover spot. Would you all recommend this? Worried that the job will be sub par seeing as this is not an on site painter. Doubt there is a spray booth and that it will be done out in the open.

Any suggestions as to how best tackle the situation? Car is a 370z w/ brilliant silver metallic paint. Thanks for any help.

Re: Deep rock chip repair

use dupli color 2 in 1 scratch fix paint and clear coat there $9 for 8oz pen tip and it as a paint brush for big areas that need to be painted

Comment

take the car to the shop of your choice get an estimate and give it to the dealer. Tell them they can make the check out to you or the shop.

Comment

Simplest fix would be to touch it up with a dab of paint. If you overfill it, you can wet sand it down and polish the top (once dry).

Comment

Originally posted by Craddosk View Post
          Simplest fix would be to touch it up with a dab of paint. If you overfill it, you can wet sand it down and polish the top (once dry).
          I agree, unless the dealer is willing to get the whole bumper repainted. Blending paint will never look the same IMO.
          BTW, might want to invest in a clear bra, not sure about 370's but 350z's are famous for getting rock chips in the front bumper. Mine looks like someone took a pepper shaker to it from close up
          Drinkin' the Meguiars Kool-Aid

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');