• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotary polishing, the love affair with the old school buffer ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rotary polishing, the love affair with the old school buffer ......

Wow, what an amazing collection.

Thanks for sharing Joe.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I've used a rotary all my life, it's a great tool to learn due to it amazing work it can do for you.
      It take countless hours to master though.
      Chief Engineer.
      My part time job is to maintain my black Toyota!

Comment

Amazing thread Joe!
        Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Joe, I'm new to detailing but old on tools... I love tools of any kind. That's why a loved your thread! Thanks for sharing with us your beautiful collection of amazing machines.

Best from

Ari
          www nauss com.br

Comment

Thanks fellas. It was my pleasure to share.
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Thanks for the link to this thread! I love them all and just thinking to how and who used them and what they used them on makes me think of a time much further back than my 24 years! Anything that has a name badge riveted on is worth keeping to me, I just bought a 60's DeVilbiss compressor that i'm going to restore to working order but like yourself keep it looking it's age and showing it's use.

Comment

Made in "The United States Of America", gotta love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                  Recently I obtained "Grandma Milly" Miss Milwaukee's grandmother.

She was born the "MILWAUKEE SUPER SERVICE POLISHER" and is every bit as beautiful as anything you would find in one of those fancy European art museums. She weights a ton and is loud but is all business. She wears her battle scares proudly. She runs perfect and has plenty of RPMs left in her.

She works her magic at a set 1450RMPs. She is almost entirely made of metal. Notice the side handle is made of wood.

The gear lock is a push button mounted on the side.

Love this one, wouldn't mine having one myself.
                  Old School rotary there.
                  Chief Engineer.
                  My part time job is to maintain my black Toyota!

Comment

i love this thread. im a rotary guy myself. ive been a loyal dewalt dw849 user for about 14 years. the old machines look kind of cool. great entertaining post. bc of you i have to name my new dewalt when i get her. i love my machines too but in all my years ive never named any one of them.
                    great post.

Comment

Awesome collection and write-up, Joe!
                      Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

My pleasure fellas! Thanks!!
                        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

He is the latest beauty to the collection. She is another of the Black and Decker family. The search for this polisher started when I found and purchased the can of "Home Utility Automotive Polish." I was fascinated by that little polisher on the front. Almost two years after I bought the can I found the exact "home utility" polisher on eBay for $10!!!!

Isn't she a beauty?

Comment

That's awesome. Your collection will surely be worth something one day...
                            Originally posted by Blueline
                            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');