• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soft Paint vs Hard Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Paint vs Hard Paint

I have a black Infiniti M35 (2008), and I think if I stare at it to strongly, it will scratch!
    My question: Is there a list out there somewhere that identifies vehicles with notoriously 'soft' paint finishes?

Re: Soft Paint vs Hard Paint

There is kind of a general consensus to cars with soft paint like the new GTR, Honda, your infiniti. Or ones with hard paint like the Corvette. However, I like to keep the mindset that each paint has the possibility of being different so always make sure you test spot first

Comment

Re: Soft Paint vs Hard Paint

Thanks John. I accepted delivery of my car with full knowledge that the dealership stored it in the sun, probably allowed a powered buffer to be used by a teenager to prep it for delivery, and likely washed it improperly, all with the thought that perhaps I could repair the damage. I've not been able to do so, and the only well-regarded detailer is 60 miles to the south of where I live. He and I have communicated, but have not been able to make an arrangement for him to correct the damage yet. When that finally happens, I hope to be able to maintain what he fixes by proper washing practices, etc.
      Thanks for your comments.
      Charlie

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');