• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Compound and Wax enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Compound and Wax enough?

Soon I will be detailing my black car and have already purchased the Clay kit, ultimate compound and gold class wax. Do I also need to do the Ultimate Polish? Or will the UC and Wax be enough?

Re: Ultimate Compound and Wax enough?

Polishing is an optional step but on dark colored cars very worthy to perform.

You could do a test spot (after washing and claying your car) to see how satisfied you are with Ultimate Compound finishing. If there's not enough gloss Ultimate Polish can deliver it for sure.

Sometimes UC can leave paint surface marred or hazed and then UP can bring it all back to high shine.

Comment

Ok, good to know. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Also, would it be easy enough to use the paste version of the wax if i'm doing it by machine??

Comment

It can be done. Just use a butter knife, plastic knife, etc to smear it onto the pad.

I am sure you could do a search on here for other posts about that.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

On my PT Cruiser I went right from Ultimate Compound to NXT 2.0 and it looks great! Next time I detail the car I am going to use the Ultimate Polish from some hopefully added pop to the blue.

I have read that alot of people use the small 4" pads to apply paste wax with a DA, the pad fits right into the can of wax...
            Joel
            1976 Cutlass S
            2001 PT Cruiser
            1990 454SS
            Suburban

Comment

I finally did all the work-clay bar, compound, polish and wax. Now after a short drive i get back, and there seems to be a haze over the paint. Could this be dew from the moist air?

may be a stupid question.

Comment

Haze from left over product? Minor swirls left behind? Can you move it at all with a towel?
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

got any pics of it?
                  Joel
                  1976 Cutlass S
                  2001 PT Cruiser
                  1990 454SS
                  Suburban

Comment

UC is a magic stuff.

Comment

Ultimate Quik Detailer UQD is very important too. Use it weekly to remove dust, it strengthen the wax layer and it smells good too.

Comment

If you use light passes after using a lot of pressure the UC can make your paint look flawless, add NXT wax and you'll be happy.
                        Also it's best not to over work the UC, I learned that and find it works best.
                        Four passes and stop, them inspect.

IMO UC is one the the best compounds out there, even though I have m105 I still find myself using UC more.

Comment

IMO, going straight from compounding to waxing is missing a major trick. Ultimate Polish is one of the great payoffs in life After all that planning, cleaning, claying and DA compounding, the polishing DA step is relatively easy to apply and remove, leaving you with a perfectly smooth and mirror-like surface. Now you get a victory lap, a even easier DA step of wax to protect your prep work, and Gold Class adds that extra dimension the Ultimate steps didn't add
                          Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
                          4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
                          First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Depending on the finish one can got straight from UC to Finishing if they choose to...

However I would recommend following up with UP on a finishing pad then going to the LSP for a even higher refined finish.

Recommended for maximum refined finish, my 4 step process.

1. UC on Yellow Pad.
                            2. UP on Yellow Pad
                            3. UP on Beige 6.5" finishing pad
                            4. LSP

Can do the same thing with M105 and M205.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');