• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting rid of bird poop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting rid of bird poop

At work, I can only park in uncovered area on roof top. NO matter where I park, I always have bird dropping on my car. What is best way to get rid of it? Do I use towel, water ?????

Re: getting rid of bird poop

This has been discussed before in one of Mike Phillips' tutorials:

Nothing else I can add

Bill

Comment

I would use QD, or UQD (or the Pro/Detailer versions if you want to buy in bulk).

Spray the poop a lot... spray your towel, and try to dab, massage, fling, whatever to get it off gently.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I follow Mike's recommendations, as in Bill's link above: clay, QD, MF towel soaked with water.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJack View Post
          This has been discussed before in one of Mike Phillips' tutorials:

Nothing else I can add

Bill
          thats a beautiful red on the mustang in the demo

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will do it every week when I wash my car

Comment

It might be worthwhile to buy a car cover for when you park outside.

Comment

You really want to get the bird poop ASAP... same day, right away, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                  You really want to get the bird poop ASAP... same day, right away, etc.
                  + 1 on what Mat said.

If you have a sacrificial layer of wax protection it will also slow down the etching process.

Comment

I am a little bit confuse. I read to get rid of bird poop, use clay bar and use quick detailer. I got rid of it today by doing my weekly wash. Should I have used clay bar instead? I had to use the microfiber towel with the gold class wash soap to scrub it off lightly.

This bird poop on my car is almost every other day. It doesn't matter where my car is parked on the top level, birds love to poop on my yellow Mini. I don't seem to see it on other cars.

The quick detailer...is this the one you use with the clay bar package?

Comment

Quick detailer and microfiber towel are recommended mostly if you have no access to water but you can use this method as a pre-wash as well and then wash your vehicle.

If a bird drop is etched (penetrated through wax coat and got into the paint) then after removing its remaining you can use a clay bar and then paint cleaner.

Comment

Etching is like a swirl, so clay wouldnt help.

But using clay and a paint cleaner would mean re-waxing. So just using QD and a towel, washing as needed, are the best way to go.

And yes, the QD is the one in the red bottle that you can clay with. UQD is also an option, or the pro-lines of products. Can be cheaper to buy in bulk if you will need a lot.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');