• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's, did you change the yellow Foam Applicators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's, did you change the yellow Foam Applicators?

Meguiar's,

I opened a new pack of yellow foam applicators this afternoon. To my surprise, I found the new pack of applicator to be very different from what I had before...

LEFT = NEW, RIGHT = OLD;

Front view:

Side view, the edge is shorter but harder. Hot wire cutting?

Meguiar's logo on new applicator, did you use a hot stamp to make the logo?? The lower parts are much harder than before...

Meguiar's logo on old applicator, entire one is made of soft foam:

Back, the old one has Poorboy's Natty's Red on it cant be washed away, hence the color:

Close up of the foam structure:

It appears to me that not only the edge cutting method and logo stamping method has changed, but also the foam material is becoming thinner and harder than before? Any idea??
    Dennis
    Nissan Fuga | 日產 風雅 | 日産 フーガ

Re: Meguiar's, did you change the yellow Foam Applicators?

I have the same feeling, but they changed for the better in my opinion .

Comment

its like the black pad that comes with UW, i dont like them, when applying the wax the pad does not slide across the surface like the old pads did, i can hear the pad sliding across the surface, to me there is more friction with the black pad which has the new design then the older pads which i like much better, i thought it was just my imagination that the pad was different.

Comment

I noticed that about the black pad too- I went back to my old gold ones, didn't have a chance to try the new yellow ones yet though.
        2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
        2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

I'm not surprised, manufacture processes change, different factories? different suppliers....pretty sure these sponges are made in more than one location in the world? I only have 2 of these ...came with my 2 tins of GC paste wax.....currently I think these are on sale at ADS 2 pk for $1.99
          "STRIFE" aka Phil
          2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
          2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
          2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Would be nice to see the Nxt pads along side... I always liked that one.

That said, I do have yellow pads that feel different, but I can never tell if they are old, new, well used, etc, so dont know what I am comparing.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Although not dramatic, there were changes made to the production of our foam applicator pads (hand applicators) approximately one to one and a half years ago. These changes are simply part of the ongoing processes our R&D, Procurement, and Marketing departments operate under to maintain and improve the performance of our products. All changes are validated by both R&D and the product managers responsible for these products. Again, these changes may be small but rest assured that they have been rigorously tested before a change occurs.

That being said, we never shy away from feedback as we believe in the importance of consumer input. So feel free to share your experiences and we will make sure all the appropriate people read your comments.
              Brian Hann
              Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
              Meguiar's Inc.
              Irvine, California
              bhann@meguiars.com
              (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Thanks for the info Brian... :thumbsup:
                2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
                2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

I noticed a difference but it didn't change the performance IMO.
                  Tedrow's Detailing
                  845-642-1698
                  Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Thank you Brian,

I still need time to test whether the new foam applicator is good or bad.
                    I will post on MOL again in case if I think there is anything I would like to share about.
                    Dennis
                    Nissan Fuga | 日產 風雅 | 日産 フーガ

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');