• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headlight Lens Restoral using Meguair's Pro kit and a 2 part wipe on coating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Lens Restoral using Meguair's Pro kit and a 2 part wipe on coating.

Here is a job I recently performed testing out a new 2 part wipe on coating to replace the failed OEM sacrificial coating.

The lenses were completely resurfaced using the Meguiar's Professional Headlight Restoration Kit and the included unigrit 3" discs. After my last pass of 3000 grit the lenses receive a wipe on 2 part coating for long lasting results.....After the lenses are coated and completely cured they may be waxed or sealed after 48 hours for total protection.

Here are a few of the stills....

Here is a 60/40 shot after the lens is partially coated

Here is a video I put together using my flip recorder..

Thanks for viewing....have a great day!
    David M. Sylican
    Innovative Detailing
    Headlight Lens Restoral
    Detailing Caddy
    Join us on Facebook

Re: Headlight Lens Restoral using Meguair's Pro kit and a 2 part wipe on coating.

Very nice David!
    The headlight looks better than new.

Congratulations on the job well done.

Comment

Re: Headlight Lens Restoral using Meguair's Pro kit and a 2 part wipe on coating.

Thanks Tafner for the compliments!

Yes it is a replacement clear coating for the failed sacrificial OEM coating.
      David M. Sylican
      Innovative Detailing
      Headlight Lens Restoral
      Detailing Caddy
      Join us on Facebook

Comment

Are you supposed to apply it after 3000 so it has a rough surface to adhere to as opposed to polishing it smooth?

Looks great!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
        Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Great work, David.

I have the same question like Andrew: what's surface prep for coating ?

Comment

Great work as always David. I guess I have the same question as Andrew and Greg.
            Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
            www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
            Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
              Are you supposed to apply it after 3000 so it has a rough surface to adhere to as opposed to polishing it smooth?

Looks great!
              Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
              Great work, David.

I have the same question like Andrew: what's surface prep for coating ?
              Originally posted by Hemin8r View Post
              Great work as always David. I guess I have the same question as Andrew and Greg.
              Thanks for all the good words and for viewing......

This product is applied after resurfacing the lens with 3000 grit, you do not polish the lens out. By doing so it acts as an adhesion promoter, therefore allowing the new sacrificial coating to bite and adhere to the lens for the best results.
              David M. Sylican
              Innovative Detailing
              Headlight Lens Restoral
              Detailing Caddy
              Join us on Facebook

Comment

Very cool, no polishing. That makes life easier.

Thanks, David.

Comment

What do you use for a sealant/coating?

Comment

Originally posted by Innovative Detailing View Post
                    Thanks for all the good words and for viewing......

This product is applied after resurfacing the lens with 3000 grit, you do not polish the lens out. By doing so it acts as an adhesion promoter, therefore allowing the new sacrificial coating to bite and adhere to the lens for the best results.
                    That makes sense, Thanks David.
                    Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                    www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                    Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');