• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear Coat after Polishing Car Visors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Coat after Polishing Car Visors?

Hello everyone!

Below are pictures of OEM visors that are available for my vehicle. They aren't pictures of mine, but rather an example. The condition of my visors look very similar to those in the first picture; faded and swirled. Not to long ago, I saw the visors from a friend of mine and they looked new despite me knowing he had bought them used. When I asked him how he got them to look brand new, he said he had no clue and that his car painter just sprayed them with clear. Upon questioning him further as to what process was followed, such as wet sanding and the like, he had no clue.

With that being said, I too will be getting my coupe window visors shot with a coat of clear but I am wondering the below:

- What process would use?
    + Wetsand, PasticX, and then clear
    + PlasticX and then clear
    + Wetsand, and then clear

I am also concerned, or rather unsure, if it is okay to spray a coat of clear over the visors with an application of PlasticX already applied. I'd appreciate your thoughts, inputs, or alternative.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Clear Coat after Polishing Car Visors?

You wouldnt want to spray with the paint with any residue left behind. But the painter should know how to remove the oils.

I dont know if PlastX would be enough to remove sanding marks.

That said, why not just try the PlastX..
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Clear Coat after Polishing Car Visors?

The only thing about just using PlastX is that I would have to consistently polish it to get that shine where as if I just clear coat them, they'll stay shiny with all the work.

Can anyone see a downside to spraying a coat of clear over a visor with a coat of PlastX?

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');