• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tire pressure question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire pressure question

i have a 2006 nissan sentra and i had a some custom stereo work done and it headed weight to the trunk and i was wondering if i should add a psi or two to the rear tires to compensate for the added weight, i dont know the weight added but i the rear of the car is lower then stock height. the recommended cold tire pressure is 33 for the front and 30 for back, my tires are new but the same ones that came with the car from the factory.

Re: tire pressure question

I would add a couple of psi - it certainly wont hurt anything.

Then again, I like to always run my tires a couple of psi over the recommended pressure...
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Yeah, I always like a couple psi over as well.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Why do u run ur tires a little over the recommended psi?

Comment

Less drag= more mpg

Comment

I think it feels better, little firmer.

Comment

^^ Agreed.

Plus, there's a bit more of a buffer if your tires ever do get low for whatever reason.
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                Plus, there's a bit more of a buffer if your tires ever do get low for whatever reason.
                Like -5F weather and your tire light comes on in the morning...

Comment

I always run my tires at a few PSI over. So if 35 is recommended, I go with around 38 PSI - especially during the summer.

Comment

i usually run my tire at recommended psi but because of the constant added weight in the back should i add a psi or two?

Comment

Sure, try it.

Or can leave the fronts at 33 and bring the backs up to 33.

Comment

aight

Comment

Just don't go above the max PSI that is listed on the sidewall.

As a side note, those of us that have a larger PU, it's not unusal to remove air to lessen the harshness of an empty truck...like 50psi vice 80psi.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');