• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backing plate Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing plate Q

I am starting to get several people wanting to make appointments to have their cars detaial. They only problem is that my velcro backing plate (the one I got as part of the 'bonus package' from Coastal Tool is about gone, the velcro on my watchband grips the pads better than the backing plate does!!

It has been suggested that I get the DA velcro buffing system but I have 18 7.5" pads from Lake Country and I can't afford to just dump them and completely restock with Meg's 6" pads.

Will the Meg's 5" backing plate work with the 7.5" LC pads? At least until I can afford to switch over completely?
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

The LC 7.5� pads fit on the Meg’s backing plate OK. They overhang a little more than the Meg’s 6.5� pads but I doubt it will cause any problems. Probably a good idea to run them a little slower than the recommended speeds for 6.5� pads.

Megs also has a 6� backing plate (P/N W-65DA) intended for use with their 8� pads.

I think 7.5� pads are kind’a large anyway. If it were me I’d do the 5� plate, switch to the smaller pads for DA buffing and use the 7.5� pads for rotary buffing.

PC.

Comment

Your dilemma

Hello,

I was in the same dilemma as you last summer.

Go to Top Of The Line Detailing.

Buy a 6.5 inch velcro plate for rotary polisher (5/8 x 11) then purchase the adaptor screw to fit the rotary plate to your D.A.

It works great and you can use all your old pads, just like I did.

Take Care

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');