• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class Cash Wash or #62 Car Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class Cash Wash or #62 Car Wash

Which is better?

Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
    or
    #62 Carwash Shampoo & Conditioner

I don't care whether it is a high suds formula, I just want the slickest and best car wash, that will pamper my paint and not remove any protection applied.

Hey,

Both are really good products. However, my favorite wash still remains: #62 Carwash Shampoo and Conditioner.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

If you want the slickest car wash use #62. #62 is one of the, if not, the slickest car wash I have used. Further you will think your wash mitt is lube with oil, on a well rinsed car.

Eric
      Last edited by Teak; Feb 25, 2005, 05:24 PM.
      Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

My opinion? M62 Carwash Shampoo & Conditioner is tops in the entire line.

It's one of the few car wash products (in the entire industry) that will not leave a 'ghosting pattern'.

What I mean, is, should you happen to leave the wash solution on your vehicle too long (and it starts to dry), M62 will rinse completely away, without having to reapply.

D22 Wash & Wax was very good, too. I still have plenty of D22, so I haven't tried its' replacement yet (D111 Shampoo Plus).

Many other wash products seem to 'attatch' to the vehicle, and must be mechanically washed away.

This can be a common problem in hot climates, or if you happen to be a mobile detailer, and you have no choice but to work in the sun.

In my opinion, there really is no comparison. You'll pay more money for the M62, but it's only pennies difference per wash.
        Kevin Brown
        NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

iamwaxman,
          #62 is one of the few Meguiars products which does not smell like a food item. I am not complaining about the smell of Meguiars. D22 is another favorite wash of mine, I wish I found out sooner that it was going to be discontinued.

I have tried many car washes from Meguiars and other companies, but whenever I use #62 after a time away, I ask myself why tried another car wash.

Eric

--Jerry Springer

Comment

I think it smells like 'BRUT' (brute) Men's Cologne from the seventies!

Do they still make that stuff?!
            Kevin Brown

Comment

Originally posted by iamwaxman
              I think it smells like 'BRUT' (brute) Men's Cologne from the seventies!

Do they still make that stuff?!
              I usually see Brut around Christmas time, but you probably could find it on-line. After using #62 the other day I was if I changed cologne, becuase the smell was on my hands even after washing them. This probably a positve side effect if you are macho man.

Eric
              Last edited by Teak; Feb 25, 2005, 10:41 PM.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Getting back on topic, I also Gold class wash and recommend it to people mainly due to availability. GC does clean well, is semi-slick, and rinses well.

Eric

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Thanks guys.

I think I'll get myself a big bottle of #62 and give it a go.

Another quick question, when pouring the car wash into the bucket, is there such a thing as using too much car wash?

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyd
                    Thanks guys.

I think I'll get myself a big bottle of #62 and give it a go.

Another quick question, when pouring the car wash into the bucket, is there such a thing as using too much car wash?
                    Good decision, and I agree with the others. IMHO, GC is a very good "off-the-shelf" product, but #62 is still Meguiar's best wash, and very resonably priced!
                    Boss_429

Comment

Re: "Another quick question, when pouring the car wash into the bucket, is there such a thing as using too much car wash?"

Yup. I'd rather see you use a little less versus more.

Some of the wash products contain polymers (which aid in 'sheeting' action). If you use too much, it's a good bet that you'll see residual streaking and smudging.

I'd recommend cutting your product useage way down if you're using good, clean water (such as soft, reverse osmosis, or deionized).

Maybe even as much as 50% of recommended.
                      Kevin Brown

Comment

Originally posted by iamwaxman
                        Re: "Another quick question, when pouring the car wash into the bucket, is there such a thing as using too much car wash?"

Yup. I'd rather see you use a little less versus more.

Some of the wash products contain polymers (which aid in 'sheeting' action). If you use too much, it's a good bet that you'll see residual streaking and smudging.

I'd recommend cutting your product useage way down if you're using good, clean water (such as soft, reverse osmosis, or deionized).

Maybe even as much as 50% of recommended.

One question about using less:
                        Would you also cut product usage for a well maintained and frequently washed vehicle?

Eric

--Jerry Springer

Comment

When referring to car wash, tire and wheel cleaners: Yes. It would be safe to assume that the concentration of these products could be cut back.

Waxes, leather conditioners, tire dressings, and the like should be used in ample amounts but may not need to be applied as often.

But where's the fun in THAT ?
                          Last edited by Kevin Brown; Feb 27, 2005, 01:45 AM.
                          Kevin Brown

Comment

How does #62 compare with #00?
                            Mr. Miyagi says: "Wax on, wax off"

Comment

Originally posted by black240sx
                              How does #62 compare with #00?
                              When #00 is compared to #62, #62 is the better wash for the following reasons, slicker, rinses better, better fragrance, less suds, has longer dwell time, works better with warm or hot water and cleans better Look for my post in the following thread.

My opinion on various Meg's washes.

I had another comparison of washes on Show car garage, but that board is no longer active.

Eric

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');