• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Dry Your Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Do You Dry Your Car?

Originally posted by dtuna42 View Post
    Am I the only one on here who uses these things? I tried leather chamois- don't like them at all. I used to use a blower (compressed air; since I don't like to smell like 2-cycle engine smoke when I'm washing vehicles, my leaf blower is out). Never tried sheeting process, seems like more work for little gain, but after reading this post I think I will give it a go. But I've been using these Absorber's for about 20 years, and they work for me pretty well.

[IMG][/IMG]
    I use the absorber and a water magnet afterwards to get the rest. Plus the Absorber lasts forever!
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

California Jelly Blade, then MF towel. Sometimes I go straight to wax application even if the car isn't fully dried. I plan to get a leaf blower soon to cut my drying time even further.
      Greetings from the Montero Sport Club of the Philippines! Visit us online at: www.monterosportclubphils.com

Comment

This cheap absorber knock-off from Meritline.com has worked really well for me: http://www.meritline.com/showproduct...-furniture-etc

I have not used "the" Absorber before, but I felt the fabric at walmart, and this one feels the same. I get pretty good results by blotting with one towel, then wiping with another.
        A n00b detailer on shoe-string budget
        http://n00bdetailer.blogspot.com/
        ----

Comment

Drying your car with a blower is clearly the best, most efficient and gentle way to dry a car. Any form of wiping now appears to me a crude and primitive way to dry a car. Of course for most cars this doesn't matter too much, but in terms of best practice, blowing off water is the optimum way to go.

Another significant advantage is that a blower gets rid of water from inside all the little nooks and crannies, from the body of the car to the wheels. This is especially important if you own a sports car, like I do, with complicated aerodynamics like two layered spoilers, venturi diffusers and front air dams. Wiping these sorts of parts, and sheeting for that matter too, is hopeless and an inefficient use of time.

Therefore, blowing water off is my preferred way to dry a car.
          WYSIWYG

Comment

I've started spraying UQW over the wet car in between regular waxes. I hit the wheels, grills and jams with the leaf blower, then spray the QW, then wipe down with a microfiber drying towel. I've noticed that over the past few months the drying towel is loosing it's effectiveness. i've had to go to a second towel to finish the job where one did the trick before.

I presume the towel's fiber's are getting clogged with wax. And eventually the second drying towel will be ineffective as well. I wash my MF towels in MF detergent, today I tossed some White Vinegar into the washer and will let that soak for a 30 minutes hoping that released some of the wax. Any suggestions?

Thanks, ep

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');