• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Dry Your Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Do You Dry Your Car?

Originally posted by 1996_Subaru_Impreza View Post
    I take the vehicle for a short drive in a 100km area which gets most of the water off then I just use a microfibre towel to dry it off.
    I am concerned that while driving; some road debris will get stuck on the car surface. Then you may add scratches and swirls when you run the MF overall the car.

Comment

^ i think if some UQD was used....scratches would be avoided...

Seriously....a basic leaf blower is way more effective if anyone's gonna use "just" a basic thick MF..... this is exactly what i just did a few days ago.

Wash
      blast with $20 leaf blower
      wipe dry entire car with just ONE thick MF...no UQD or UQW used

car looked great!
      "STRIFE" aka Phil
      2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
      2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
      2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Originally posted by 1996_Subaru_Impreza View Post
        I take the vehicle for a short drive in a 100km area which gets most of the water off then I just use a microfibre towel to dry it off.
        I dont suggest doing this since road dust and dirt or anything floating around in the air will have a better possibility of getting back on the vehicles surface. You dont want anything to get under your MF towel and scratch the surface.

Comment

First I sheet the water by using a gentle flow of water direct from the hose starts from the top to cottom section, and then use water magnet to clean the remaining water, and then use MF towel to remove the water mark. Finally i Put UQD on it to maintain the looks and the performance of the water beading.

Comment

I just started the water sheeting after reading it here on the forums. I use Water Magnets and just got some Viking blue waffle weave drying towels (9 square feet ones) and they work great. For tires, wheels, under hood, and inside doors I use white terry towels rather than the magnets.

Comment

1.Sheet
              2.Cali water blade roof,and windows
              3.Cobra Guzzlers,Griots waffle weaves

Comment

Air Blaster Motorcycle dryer. Blows warm filtered air

Comment

I start by using my air compressor to blow out cracks and crevices (especially rear view mirrors), then use the leaf blower on the rest of the surfaces. Follow with microfiber where need be.
                  Brandon
                  Custom Cleaning Concepts, LLC
                  (435) 249-4CCC (4222)
                  "When you want your ride as clean as can be, you need to call CCC!"

Comment

A quick once over with a microfiber towel, leaving some water.
                    then spray with quick detailer and wipe dry with another microfiber cloth.
                    and yes I get the door jambs, cracks & crevices.

Comment

I use my hang up ShopVac (blower feature) to remove 90% of the water, then LT and a water magnet for the rest.
                      2012 VW GLI

Comment

What is water sheeting?

Comment

^ water sheeting
                          The "Sheeting Method" for the final rinse after washing your car will reduce the amount of water on the surface, making towel drying easier. This video is af...
                          "STRIFE" aka Phil
                          2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                          2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                          2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

$29.99 leaf blower I bought at Lowe's years ago. Reduces scratches and swirls a lot since you are not touching the paint. After I get most of the water off I'll go back with a microfiber and get the rest of the small water spots off.
                            /Keith
                            2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

Leaf blower then blot dry with Water Magnets

Comment

I've read how people use leaf blowers to dry their car and quite frankly, it scares me. I imagine all the dirt and pollen that I just washed getting back on the body. I imagine those of you who do use this method do it indoors?

I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to perfect my drying process .
                                I'm confident with my 2 bucket wash method, but I am so weary of drying the car and as a result, my car is swirled again.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');