• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Dry Your Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Do You Dry Your Car?

my drying process is typically as described below

wash
    flip on compressor and let pressure build up
    rinse
    sheet
    mist with Synthetic x-press spray wax
    dry exterior with Water Magnet
    start blowing water out cracks,crevaces,doors,mirrors,trim,wheels,etc
    spray old microfiber towel with Synthetic x-press spray wax and then wipe insides of doors and trunk
    use same towel to wipe down wheels
    do a final once around with a clean microfiber getting anything that was missed

stand back and admire the beauty

Comment

Originally posted by scanlessfool View Post
      I've read how people use leaf blowers to dry their car and quite frankly, it scares me. I imagine all the dirt and pollen that I just washed getting back on the body. I imagine those of you who do use this method do it indoors?

I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to perfect my drying process .
      I'm confident with my 2 bucket wash method, but I am so weary of drying the car and as a result, my car is swirled again.
      X2 on the leaf blower part... anyone want to comment on this please?
      Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
      ---------
      SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

I've been using a leaf blower for a while now.....unless you're on a dirt field or garbage dump....I never had a concern.
        You just have to know where to aim the leaf blower. Make sure you don't blast a puddle of water next to the car, etc.
        I use mines outside on my concrete driveway....seriously, I had no issues.
        "STRIFE" aka Phil
        2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
        2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
        2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

I've been using a leaf blower for years, it's great for the rims and grill.

Comment

Sheet off then use a water magnet, seems to work just fine. On bigger cars the water magnet gets a little too wet, so I usually use a big microfiber drying towel that I got at target to soak up some water before using the water magnet.

Comment

I have been kinda interested in a leaf blower but I guess I have been cheap

hmm $30 for leaf blower or more Meguiar'ss products or car parts
              so far the later have won out

I have not had any issues with my current setup thus no need to change

Comment

I use a large soft terry cloth bath towels for fast production work

Comment

i use my electric leaf blower to get most of water off then use my MF towel to finish.
                  same with motorcycle, leaf blower is just great for that.

Comment

Hmm a lot of people use leaf blowers... A lot more than I thought would use them. Maybe ill give it a try myself and see what happens. I could see this method coming in handy during the winter... Hit the truck at the quarter car wash and blast away whatever I can, then use leaf blower to get as much water off as possible as quickly as possible without rubbing any left over contaminants into the paint.

Just a thought...
                    Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
                    ---------
                    SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

Am I the only one on here who uses these things? I tried leather chamois- don't like them at all. I used to use a blower (compressed air; since I don't like to smell like 2-cycle engine smoke when I'm washing vehicles, my leaf blower is out). Never tried sheeting process, seems like more work for little gain, but after reading this post I think I will give it a go. But I've been using these Absorber's for about 20 years, and they work for me pretty well.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Meg's water magnet all the way as i don't have a leaf blowers
                        "If a sealant give you HD effect, a carnauba will give you the 3D effect"

Comment

Originally posted by Bjkearns View Post
                          I have been kinda interested in a leaf blower but I guess I have been cheap

hmm $30 for leaf blower or more Meguiar'ss products or car parts
                          so far the later have won out

I have not had any issues with my current setup thus no need to change
                          i use mine on driveway,leaves in spouting,leaves off deck,blow dirt out of garage in 5 minutes,blow out the inside of my car/truck,i open the doors and bow dust out,also works good on dash of car or truck on dust,on motorcycle, lawnmower, engines on and on.

leaf blower is just GREAT.

Comment

some people suggest to spray UQD on entire body before using water magnet: sheet > spray UQD > water magnet.
                            smaple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNedd...eature=related

what's your opinion?

Comment

Does Meguairs still make a chamois? I have the wet magnet and also a chamois from another company and the chamois absorbs water better; I am worried though that the chamois might scratch the car.

Comment

Leaf blower. What a GREAT idea. I wash my cars quietly every Sunday morning about 10 feet from a neighbor's window that I haven't got along with since I moved here 20 years ago. She ought to REALLY like my new leaf blower next time I wash a car at 7:30 on a Sunday morning. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');