• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Dry Your Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Dry Your Car?

Hi guys I tend to let the water sheet off after washing with a hose. I follow this up with a Meguiars water magnet. What do you guys use?
    Leaf Blower
    26.88%
    Chamois Leather
    11.83%
    Megs Water Magnet
    35.48%
    Sheet The Water Off The Car First
    25.81%

The poll is expired.

Re: How Do You Dry Your Car?

I sheet, then Meguiar's soft chamois, and then water magnet if I do a traditional wash method, or just a water magnet if doing a rinse-less wash.

Comment

Black Baron blower for auto and bike detailing.

Comment

Sheel Off,Water Magnet, then I go back over the vehicle with a Large MF Towel.

(!!!!!Dont forget the door jams, hood lid and trunk lid!!!!!)

Comment

I use a California Water Blade and then a towel to get the jambs and drips.
          Joel
          1976 Cutlass S
          2001 PT Cruiser
          1990 454SS
          Suburban

Comment

Leaf blower then water magnet or a normal MF.
            2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

I prefer to sheet the water off first that means less wiping on the paint and less chance of causing swirls.
              Don
              12/27/2015
              "Darth Camaro"
              2013 Camaro ... triple black
              323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

For me, it's the water blade on a few areas and windows...and the rest with a large microfiber towel.

Sorry can't vote in your poll since my choices aren't an option.

Comment

after washing the soap off....

I use a gentle flow of water starting from the roof/windows/trunk/hood/fender...all the way to the bottom of the vehicle
                  I then blast the vehicle with my leaf blower the same way.
                  wipeoff any remaining water with a thick MF

finish off with either UQW or UQD
                  "STRIFE" aka Phil
                  2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                  2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                  2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

sheet off
                    water magnet
                    quik detail then UQW or sometimes just straight to UQW
                    as i go thru the car i notice spots dripping water(from taillights,rearbumper usually)
                    always happens i can even drive off one hour later after drying the car n when i get to my destination ill have water spots on my rear bumper

but yea water magnet works great
                    Don't get so caught up making a living that you forget to make a life.

Comment

I usually sheet most of the water off , then use a water magnet or chamois to get whats left. I bought a compressor for my impact gun so i might try blowing the water off next time

Comment

I take the vehicle for a short drive in a 100km area which gets most of the water off then I just use a microfibre towel to dry it off.

Comment

Sheet the water by using a gentle flow of water direct from the hose (without a water nozzle) starting from the top downwards, and then use a water blade on the glass surfaces. Remove the water from the paint surfaces with a blower, again from the top downwards and then finish off with a waffle weave towel and a drying aid (Dodo Juice -Time to Dry) diluted 1:1 with distilled water
                          ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

So I take it rubbing it with a microfiber cloth is out of the picture. Because I do that.

I don't see how I can just "place" a cloth on most of this car's surface as it angles inwards, downwards, and all around.
                            - Cliff
                            "Don't wait for the iron to be hot to strike it. Make it hot by striking."

Comment

Originally posted by roguetadhg View Post
                              So I take it rubbing it with a microfiber cloth is out of the picture. Because I do that.

I don't see how I can just "place" a cloth on most of this car's surface as it angles inwards, downwards, and all around.
                              well lets put it this way you can't get in to the hard to reach areas with a microfibre cloth. So in my personal opinion its best to take the vehicle for a sort drive in a place when you are allowed to drive at a high speed to remove the most of the water first. Then use your microfibre to remove the rest of the water.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');