• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirt Bike Detail Why not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirt Bike Detail Why not

just want to show a couple pics of my dirt bikes that i constantly have to clean/ detail. the only thing i dont clean on them are the tires because they are the biggest PITA!! lol

first here was my old 02 cr125 I sold, the main detailing that i had to do all the time was polishing the frame, clutch and ignition covers as well as the exhaust, levers and triple clamps. everything else was just alot of cleaning

I sold that cr125 for my current bike an 02 cr250, almost the same mods, polished frame, covers, levers etc. i also polished the swingarm which took about 10 hours of sanding and polishing, at least now it will polish alot easier. the last couple of pics kinda show the swingarm polished

Re: Dirt Bike Detail Why not

Im sure you dont want to romp in any mud now. lol. Looks good.
    Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
    2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
    2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Your bikes look awesome

You never see dirt bikes looking that good - a credit to you.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Yes! I was thinking doing something like this on my CR, Good looking bike man I polished the clutch cover and water pump on mine but i haven't done it in a while, great job!
        2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
        1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
        1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
        1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
        1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

I have a Rhino and 4wheeler I have thought doing this too.

Comment

thanks guys,
            for those thinking about doing it to their bikes, atvs etc, there is alot of maintenance as far as polishing all of the aluminum, to make it look as good as it does in the pics i have to polish after every ride. as far as the aluminum oxidizing, a coat of wax usually takes care of it for a while

Comment

i have to polish after every ride.

That's why i haven't done it in a while it does look good when polished. its getting warmer now so i think ill make a good pre season detail. thanks for posting this.
              2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
              1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
              1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
              1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
              1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

Quick question, I don't have any dirt bikes and I never detailed a bike before. So I'm wondering how long does it take to detail one?

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');