• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Often Should I Re Wax & Re Apply Sealant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Often Should I Re Wax & Re Apply Sealant?

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
    If you still have Next Speed Detailer use it until it's finished. If memory serves correctly, Next Detailer works great on dark colored cars. I never used it personally.

You're gonna like water beading after M135 application.
    Yes it works great!!!. I look forward to trying M135.

Comment

Greg, I agree with you that multiple coats (3+) probably do not add much if any additional protection; but I suspect that that's not the reason Rappy is waxing his car so frequently. He just likes that freshly waxed look. And don't we all!
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
        Greg, I agree with you that multiple coats (3+) probably do not add much if any additional protection; but I suspect that that's not the reason Rappy is waxing his car so frequently. He just likes that freshly waxed look. And don't we all!
        Agreed.

It's always better to put two coats of wax than one thick layer to get a nice uniform coverage.

And this fresh waxed car look - can't beat that.

Comment

Guys you are both right

I dont think I will improve on the level of wax just visual appearence . I was just worried that I would get to much build up. I guess with the newer waxes this is not the case.

I may be wrong here guys please correct me

Wax will last around 30 days. Sealant around 60-90 days.

Comment

Personally, I will wax once a week in the summer just because it's fun and relaxing.
            Tedrow's Detailing
            845-642-1698
            Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by rapport25 View Post
              Guys you are both right

I dont think I will improve on the level of wax just visual appearence . I was just worried that I would get to much build up. I guess with the newer waxes this is not the case.
              Rappy, I don't worry about wax buildup. As others have pointed out, the paint can only hold a limited amount of protectant--after that, it just gets buffed off. That's why layering, i.e., attempting to increase the measurable thickness of the protectant on top of the paint, is a waste of time.

But if you should notice after a long period of waxing that the paint is looking cloudier or hazy, then all you need to do is to apply a paint cleaner or a cleaner wax (e.g., Cleaner Wax or ColorX). That will remove previously applied wax and allow you to start all over again.

I don't know why, but I personally prefer paste waxes. I like the whole routine of hand application, even though I know that a liquid wax applied with a DA would go a lot more quickly. I just find it relaxing--the Zen of Wax.
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

In addition (and in support of) what Al has already said, I don't think there has ever been any evidence that "layering" actually increases the depth of a wax bonded to the paint and in that regard, it sounds like the OP enjoys the therapeutic aspect of car care, so he should do it as often as he enjoys.

For me, I love working the DA, but unlike applying a LSP, you can't use your DA with something like M105 weekly, or you'll probably (eventually) cause more harm than good... but if I had the time to work on cars with my V110 weekly, I certainly would! I find it uber-relaxing.
                ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Is it the same process? Spray a fine misitng over a panel. And a spray a small amount on a microfibre towel. Followed up with a clean microfibbre towel to finish?
                  Generally I would spray my towel a few times to get it wet (and keep using that side for the entire car). Then maybe one trigger pull for a big panel, or more misted onto the towel.

Some people like to wipe the panel a bit longer, and the UQW seems to work itself in and disappear.

I wipe a little, then come back around with a dry cloth.

But yeah, very thin, almost cant tell it is there, but that you wiped a towel damp with UQW across it.

What is the best quick detailer?
                  Except UQW/#135 is not for claying. So still want QD, or the bulk size equivalents.

Have you ever tried nxt speed detailer?
                  Nxt SD is ok, though also a bit slick for claying. If you were to have two, QD and UQD/#135 would be the two.

Though if you UQW after washing, even the UQD becomes a little less needed.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

As far as the rest of the posts, waxing every week or not isnt that big of a deal as far as build-up, or that sort of thing.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that the more you mess with the paint, the more a chance of causing a swirl or something. UQW and a soft cloth seem most gentle.
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks guys for all your help and advise

Rappy

Comment

Hi Guys,

I gave Mrs Rappy's car a mini detail over the w end. I used nxt spray wax on her grey/blue car and it worked excellent. Not the same issues I have found on my black pearl

I went down to my local auto store and they 3 for 2 on offer so I purchased some ultimate quik detailer and ultimate spray wax.

I wound not say the detailer is any better than the next speed detailer although it leaves a rather smoother finish. Also the ulitmate spary wax is amazing!!! Almost goes on like a detailing spray rather than a wax.

So my findings are, these are great products . I will continue to use the ultimate line on my pearl black. While other cars will finish off my nxt products I have in stock.

Rappy

Comment

24 hrs later. Well the results are flawless . The sun is out for a change . Any my black pearl looks great!! I even got a comment from my boss who is not really a car person .

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');