• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Often Should I Re Wax & Re Apply Sealant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Often Should I Re Wax & Re Apply Sealant?

Hi guys, I detailed my car around 3 weeks ago and I want to maintain that just waxed look. As I detail on a part time I want my car looking its best. Also to show of my work and get new customers.

I have only ever used nxt 2.0 previously but now Im topping this with gold class plus.

Loving the results and the paint certainly pops. Thanks Meguiars for these great products.

Since my car was detailed im reapplying my wax on a weekly basis after it has been washed. Im using my d/a with a megs black pad and applying 1 coat of gold class plus. The results from my black pearl are truely amazing!!!

Is it simlpy over kill?

When I was just using nxt 2.0 I would reapply every 4-6 wks.

Any help or advise guys I would appreciate it

Many thanks in advance Rappy.

Re: How Often Should I Re Wax & Re Apply Sealant?

Wax your car as frequently as you want! Waxing it weekly ain't going to hurt anything, and it will keep the car looking in tip-top shape. If you like what you see, keep on doing it.

If weekly waxing with your DA becomes burdensome, you might consider using Ultimate Quik Wax, which is a wipe-on/wipe-off product.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

Thanks, Akimel . I love what I see. So I will carry on

I find weekly waxing with a d/a a doddle. Far easier than applying by hand. Removal via d/a is effortless

I have nxt tech spray wax and find this a real pain to remove. Seems to streak. So it does not get used that often.

On the hand I find nxt speed detailer excellent.

Comment

UQW is far far far better then Nxt Spray wax. Don't be afraid to try the UQW, but definitely apply very thin.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks Murr. I find the nxt very hard work. I only use this on my wheels now

Is it the same process? Spray a fine misitng over a panel. And a spray a small amount on a microfibre towel. Followed up with a clean microfibbre towel to finish?

Comment

Same process. Use it just like you would UQD.
            Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
            2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
            2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Hi Rappy,

Another coat of Gold Class Carnauba Plus every week is not a good idea.

As mentioned above UQW, after you wash your car, would keep it well protected and shiny.

One of quick detailers, between washes, for light dust removal is also a great maintenance regime.

Comment

Thanks Smack.

Please can you explain more Greg? Will I get a bulid up? Since this is my first black car I want to maintain its look.

My previous car was silver so shine and reflectivity was never an issue.

I gave the car a good 5 day detail last year to get it to around 80-85% correction but was never really happy. As mentioned above I gave it a 3 day detail and its almost flawless . I have only just recently started using Gold Class wax.

On my previous cars I would seal it every 4-6 wks.

When I detail customers cars the most I will see the same car is 2-3 times a year. So this is a new one on me.

Rappy

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
                  Hi Rappy,

As mentioned above UQW, after you wash your car, would keep it well protected and shiny.

One of quick detailers, between washes, for light dust removal is also a great maintenance regime.
                  What is the best quick detailer?

Comment

I respectfully but strongly disagree. Weekly waxing with Gold Class Carnauba isn't going to hurt anything and will keep one's car looking good and well protected. This is a purely personal decision. Don't discourage a man when he's doing a good thing. If Rappy enjoys waxing and likes the way his car looks, then that's all that matters.

I have been known, when the spirit hits, to wax my car at one-week intervals, though two to four week intervals (during the non-winter months) is more my style. But it's all personal preference.
                    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                    --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                      I respectfully but strongly disagree. Weekly waxing with Gold Class Carnauba isn't going to hurt anything and will keep one's car looking good and well protected. This is a purely personal decision. Don't discourage a man when he's doing a good thing. If Rappy enjoys waxing and likes the way his car looks, then that's all that matters.

I have been known, when the spirit hits, to wax my car at one-week intervals, though two to four week intervals (during the non-winter months) is more my style. But it's all personal preference.
                      Akimel, I was never a fan applying wax with a d/a but now I'm hooked..
                      My wax intervals would be something similar to yours.

I appreciate and respect you guys comments. Its a great forum . I have learned so much since I became a member.

My knowlegde base has increased so much. And for me its Meguiars all the way!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post

Hi Al,

Of course is a personal call. But I would say that more than 3-4 layers of wax will end up with more product removal (during wipe-off) than the amount of product bonding to the paint surface. Gold Class Carnauba Plus does not apply as thin as Ultimate Wax.

No offense, Al, just my thought. I'm a big supporter of using multi-layers of wax for extended protection.

Comment

Originally posted by rapport25 View Post
                          What is the best quick detailer?
                          My favorites: Ultimate Quik Detailer and its 1-gallon/ 16oz. version M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer, because of hydrophobic polymers in them.

Comment

My favorites: Ultimate Quik Detailer and its 1-gallon/ 16oz. version M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer, because of hydrophobic polymers in them.
                            Great, thanks Greg. I think I will buy some M135. As I use a fair bit of nxt speed detailer.

Have you ever tried nxt speed detailer?

Comment

If you still have Next Speed Detailer use it until it's finished. If memory serves correctly, Next Detailer works great on dark colored cars. I never used it personally.

You're gonna like water beading after M135 application.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');