• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's New DA Microfiber Correction System Part #2!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's New DA Microfiber Correction System Part #2!!!

Meguiar’s *NEW* Dual Action Microfiber Pad Correction System Part #2!

In Part #1 - Meguiar's *NEW* Microfiber DA Pads!!!! of the review, I reviewed Meguiar’s New Microfiber DA Pads and demonstrated just how good a product they are. I wanted to spend time showing how the careful selection of backing plates etc was critical in order to obtain the best performance and longevity from the pads. At first, I was going to add the new D300 DA Correction Compound and the D301 Finishing Wax in the same review but decided against it as these two new liquid products are so good they deserve their own thread!

As a ”System” there is no doubt that Meguiar’s New Microfiber DA Correction System stands out for both ease of use and for excellence of performance. Again, as I stated in Part #1, I was asked to be a short term tester and as such, I will give you my review of the system with that in mind. Over the next few months as I get to use the “System” more and more, I will be in a better position to provide far greater insight.

The new D300 and D301 products, while on the surface seem to fit into the ‘system mentality’, their results are far more complex than that….

The new D300 DA Correction Compound, from my understanding, has been designed with the new MF DA Pads to do moderate paint correction in one easy step. Firstly, the new D300 is pink in color with a cinnamon smell to it. Normally I like cinnamon, but this time, the smell seems to bother me a little, especially after a couple hours of polishing. Of course that is purely subjective and what smells that bother one person, would not bother another. I do find it strange however…. With that aside, the rest of the product is a no-nonsense performer! It is quite a thick liquid very similar to D151, so shaking the bottle is not going to do much.

In terms of performance, this is where the D300 really shines…pun intended! The D300 works very quickly with the MF DA Cutting Pads, AND with the MF DA Finishing Pads! Once again, I decided to try the product on both pads as I wanted to see if for light marring whether I could get away with the MF DA Finishing Pad instead of using the cutting pad. The results were stunning! For light marring, light water spots etc, the MF DA Finishing Pad when combined with the D300 removed the light marring, leaving a finish that almost did not need another step!

With the D300 on the MF DA Cutting Pad, the product removed significant marring quickly and easily. The results were very similar to Meguiar’s M105 compound, though M105 does have more cut, IMHO, and will correct more damage than the D300. But unlike the M105, the D300 does not seem to dust as much. In fact, thanks to its much longer working times (read: the product stays wet longer during the buffing cycle) compared to the M105, you can work the D300 longer and still not get the dust. Further, though I have never had an issue with product removal, some products like Meguiar’s M83 DACP can be quite difficult at times to remove especially if it has not been worked long enough before attempting to remove it. But with the D300, product removal was quick, clean and super easy! In fact, with just a quick wipe with a MF cloth and the product comes off! Many would not care about that fact, but when working on ultra sensitive paints where excessive wiping can re-create marring and towel marks, having a product that removes easily is extremely important!!! The D300 on the cutting pad did leave a slight, and I mean slight, haze to the paint. On many paints, this haze would not even be visible, but for the sake of scrutinizing the product for the review, I did notice it. This haze was easily corrected in the next step using the D301 Finishing Wax.

To use the D300, I first primed the pad, working the product with my finger into the MF fibers. I then let it sit for a few minutes while I got everything else ready. Interestingly, I did notice that the little extra time must have allowed the product to better saturate the pad because when in use, all I needed were 2-3 dime size or even smaller drops per a given area, usually a small panel. I was amazed at how easily the product would spread, and stay wet throughout the buffing time. As a result, you could work the product while keeping an eye on specific marks you were trying to remove. I also found little correction difference between speeds 4-5 on a Meguiar’s G110 V2 polisher. BUT for the larger 6.25” pad (as opposed to the 5.5” MF Pad), I did prefer speed 5. As I mentioned in Part #1, the new pads really like moderate to heavy pressure throughout the buffing process. And with the D300 Correction Compound, this characteristic did not change. I used enough force to compress the foam backing, but not enough to significantly slow down the polisher’s rotations. As I said, the results were downright awesome! The MF DA Cutting Pad and D300 removed moderate marring quite easily and finished out very very well! This is a REAL time saver as it allows for fewer steps to be performed!

If the D300 was not already an excellent product, the New D301 Finishing Wax is even more interesting! Meguiar’s New D301 is grey in color, similar consistency as M205 though perhaps a little thicker, and it smells absolutely delicious! It smells like blueberries or a multi-berry type of chewing gum. Also, being dark grey, you can easily see the product on the pad. I used the D301 on the intended finishing MF pad as I saw no reason to use it on a cutting pad. Again as I did with the D300, I primed the pad and gave it a few minutes to soak in. Then as I did previously, only 2-3 small drops per panel were required. Also, I used moderate to heavy pressure on the DA and used a speed this time around 3-4 on the G110 V2 polisher. The D301 has a fairly long working time and again, no dusting. The D301 was able to completely remove all or any haze left by the D300/cutting pad combo and finished out to a deep, rich wet looking finish! The D301 removed ultra easily and did not leave any type of streaking or smears of any kind. In fact, the D301, IMHO, finished even better than Meguiar’s M205 which is really saying something!!! Meg’s D301 does contain a wax, but it does not have the longevity or durability of NXT Tech Wax 2.0 or M21 V2. Therefore, after using the D301, I would personally use another high end sealant on top.

One of the questions often asked will be about making comparisons between the new products and some of the other products in Meguiar’s line-up. Yes, Meguiar’s M105, M205, M86 and D151 work incredibly well with the new MF DA Pads. BUT, the M205 is very difficult to see on the pad as it is bright white and so is the microfiber on the pad. But at least it is good to know that if the new compound and finishing wax is not available right away in your area, you can still use the excellent MF DA pads with the other products.

Here are the pics!!!

It has been a long and difficult winter where I live. In fact, it went down to -21*C just the other night! Here is the result of lots of snow and ice mixed with road-ice melting chemicals; there are water spots, and marring. Some of the marks in the straight lines are towel and water marks as it was just too cold for the water from washing, and the M34 Final Inspection which I used to prepare the finish, to dry! The M34 would just streak around and not dry. This is not a problem with the M34 as I have used gallons and gallons of the product and just love it. Simply, it was just too cold to be detailing…Brrrrrr!

This picture is from after buffing the hood using the D300 DA Correction Compound. Please note that the finish is virtually marring free with only the slightest haze, which was corrected in the next step with D301 Finishing Wax!

Here is the result of the D300 causing the MF fibers to flatten down. Again as mentioned in part #1 of the review using a brush followed by compressed air will help to lift the fibers back up.

And here are the results after using D301 Finishing Wax!! The finish is deep, rich and ultra wet looking! The reflections are crisp and there is zero haze!

And just to show that the finish is indeed, marring and completely swirl-free, here are a couple sun shots to prove it! When I see pics online, one does not really know just how good the finish is unless you see it under direct sunlight. The sun has a way of showing even the smallest defect that a light or other light source would not bring out.

As a complete, high-end, extreme performance “System,” the new compound, finishing wax, and MF DA Pads are difficult to beat! The products help with efficiency but not at the expense of the most important aspect, a true high-end show car finish. When used with the correct technique, it is simply amazing how well this complete “System” truly works!!! For both the amateur or professional detailer, Meguiar’s New DA Microfiber Correction System is simply stunning! Meguiar’s new System is a game changer!

I hope both Reviews: Part #1 and Part #2, help people to use and get the best out of this new awesome system!!!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Re: Meguiar's New DA Microfiber Correction System Part #2!!!

Hi Tim,

Saturday Night Fever. I've been waiting for Part 2 of your review and it's absolutely amazing. While reading I could even smell those liquids as your description was so detailed.

The final words said it all: Game changer. And you also pointed that this System can be used by everybody.

Great tips on increasing speed while working with larger 6" pads.

I just learned a new combination: D300 and finishing pad. I don't think anybody, before you Tim, mentioned neither tried this combo.

Do you think we could benefit by adding it as a between step and turning it into a 3-step system in some cases when D300 and cutting pad leave some side effects?

Probably Ultimate Wax or Next Tech Wax 2.0 would be nice additions on top of D301.

The after pics are a killer.

Tim, great work, you basically gave us DA MF System Manual.

Comment

Great review Tim. Really looking forward to getting my hands on some of this stuff.

Have you tried the D301 on the Finishing Pad as a one-step? If so, how is it?

Once again, awesome review!
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698
      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Nice review, Tim.

Did you treat the finishing wax just like a wax by leaving it dry or did you wipe it off immediately like a polish? I'm guessing you probably left it dry to get the maximum benefit from the wax protection?

I should be receiving the new MF D/A Correction System next week. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
        Brian

Comment

Something i hope they will release soon here in The Netherlands !:O

They really live up with there quote!

work smarter not harder:P

if i do a car with meguiars! i can do it within 2 and half hours!
          if it do it on my work i need 4 to 5 hours and it still not Perfect!
          and customers pay 175 for that:|and ther's noting i can do!

im looking forward to more test and reviews of this system !

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
            Hi Tim,

Saturday Night Fever. I've been waiting for Part 2 of your review and it's absolutely amazing. While reading I could even smell those liquids as your description was so detailed.

The final words said it all: Game changer. And you also pointed that this System can be used by everybody.

Great tips on increasing speed while working with larger 6" pads.

I just learned a new combination: D300 and finishing pad. I don't think anybody, before you Tim, mentioned neither tried this combo.

Do you think we could benefit by adding it as a between step and turning it into a 3-step system in some cases when D300 and cutting pad leave some side effects?

Probably Ultimate Wax or Next Tech Wax 2.0 would be nice additions on top of D301.

The after pics are a killer.

Tim, great work, you basically gave us DA MF System Manual.

Thanks Greg for the kind words. I really do appreciate them!!

From my testing, IMHO, yes, you could use the D300 on the Finishing Pad to create an intermediate step if a person wanted. Again, the hazing left from the Cutting pad was minimal and easily corrected with the D301 Finishing Wax/Finishing Pad combo. But with scratch sensitive paints, using the D300 on the Finishing Pad, may be another solution...and that is what detailing is all about; creating solutions for complex detailing situations.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Mister B View Post
              Nice review, Tim.

Did you treat the finishing wax just like a wax by leaving it dry or did you wipe it off immediately like a polish? I'm guessing you probably left it dry to get the maximum benefit from the wax protection?

I should be receiving the new MF D/A Correction System next week. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
              Thanks Brian.

I tested the D301 both ways and honestly did not see a difference. But I can not say what the durability differences between leaving it longer or wiping it off immediately would have over the long term; I have not had enough time with the product to really say for sure...

When you get your products next week, you will really enjoy using them!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn T. View Post
                Great review Tim. Really looking forward to getting my hands on some of this stuff.

Have you tried the D301 on the Finishing Pad as a one-step? If so, how is it?

Once again, awesome review!
                Hi Shawn,

Yes, I did try it as a one step, but it is very mild. It would correct more with more applications, but one could save the time just by using the D300/Cutting pad in the first place. On softer paints or for light marring, the D301/Finishing pad would work fine.

Tim

Comment

Great review as always Tim.

I was just thinking the other day how all of this new stuff makes M80, M83, M09 etc look really old, LOL.
                  Nick
                  Tucker's Detailing Services
                  815-954-0773
                  2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                    Great review as always Tim.

I was just thinking the other day how all of this new stuff makes M80, M83, M09 etc look really old, LOL.
                    LOL Yah...in some ways it does. But at the same time, I have a fondness for M80 as it has produced some of the most amazing finishes!

Tim

Comment

Great review once again Tim.
                      Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                      www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                      Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Tim, as usual, a review that deserves

Your ability to capture the process in words is amazing and simply helps all the MOL users like me, understand "products" and "process", much better.

I've been researching the new system for a couple of weeks now and reading as much as I can on it..I placed an order last night for the system and look forward to seeing what it can do. Your experience certainly gives me confidence that I'll have no regrets...thanks again for your extremely valuable insight.
                        Bill Poirier
                        West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD View Post
                          Tim, as usual, a review that deserves

Your ability to capture the process in words is amazing and simply helps all the MOL users like me, understand "products" and "process", much better.

I've been researching the new system for a couple of weeks now and reading as much as I can on it..I placed an order last night for the system and look forward to seeing what it can do. Your experience certainly gives me confidence that I'll have no regrets...thanks again for your extremely valuable insight.
                          Thank you very much TKDDAD for the kind comments! I am really glad the review was helpful!

Tim

Comment

Excellent read.

Tim, any new insights with the liquids now that you have had a month since your write up?

Thanks for the good write ups Tim.
                            Jason

Comment

Is there a recommended method of cleaning the cutting and finishing pads after use? Meaning as in machine wash, hand wash, best cleaner/detergent?

Also, for the amateur detailer with a GG buffer, would you recommend the 5 or 6" pads? I have backing plates that fit either pad now.

thanks
                              2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');