• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nick's Microfiber System words of ancient wisdom...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick's Microfiber System words of ancient wisdom...

My DA Microfiber System Review...

First off, I'd like to say a HUGE thank you to Jason Rose and Kevin Brown! Without these two guys extreme passion, we wouldn't have these products! I was first introduced to this system back about 3.5-4 years ago, and Kevin and Jason had been working on this long before then. I honestly don't have a clue how long this has been in development, but I'd personally like to thank you guys for your passion and stubbornness for this products excellent performance capabilities! You guys knocked it out of the park on this one! Quite possibly, the single best detailing product I've seen since the DA polisher was introduced into the detailing world, or the foam pad, or clay!! Yes I am that fond of this system!

I'm not gonna bore you guys with "priming pictures" or base pictures of the pads and products themselves, this has been covered quite a bit by the other users, and I think they did an excellent job providing you with that information, along with their opinions of the system itself, and it's performance for them.

Onto the show...
    Honestly, my first impression of these pads were horrible! I actually hated them! For me, the learning curve was huge, and I guess I was a bit on the stubborn side about them. I mean, how could something as simple as a microfiber product on a DA Polisher be better than a rotary, right? I mean think about it! We're talking about a high speed rotary buffer vs a wimpy DA Polisher(G100 when I was first introduced to this product)! How could the DA Polisher even compare? Boy was I wrong! LOL! My first learning curve was "slower is better". This was probably the single biggest thing for me to get over, and I still have issues with it today. If a little is good, then more must be better! Wrong! Since then, I've completely put down my rotary buffers. Yes, thats right, I haven't used a rotary buffer in a very long time! For 99% of the cars I've worked on, this system has worked flawlessly! There was one car, it had an aftermarket paint job on it, and as tough as nails!

In my experience with this system, I have used the Meguiar's G100, Meguiar's G110v2, Griots DA Polisher, Flex DA and the Metabo(for 3"), as my electric machines. I've also used air, but have only had decent success with cutting, and great success with polishing. I don't have access to a tool to read OPM's, so this is uneducated advice at best

My speed settings for each machine:

G100- 4.5-5.0
    G110- 3.5-4.5
    Griots 3.0.4.0
    Flex DA 3.0-4.0
    Metabo 4.0-5.0

Please keep in mind that this is my personal preference. What I've noticed from these speeds is an awesome cutting machine, and it finishes out incredible! And this speed setting is with ALL products....DA Compound, Polish Wax, M105, M205, etc... For me, these seem to be the "magic numbers" for the DA Polisher settings. For you "car guys" out there, think of it like this, this system doesn't like a lot of horsepower, but it absolutely LOVES the torque!
    The Flex DA was a bit to "grabby" for me cutting, but it does work. I prefer the DA over the Flex DA for cutting. I have more control with the DA Polisher, and it's just more comfortable for me. This doesn't mean the Flex DA doesn't work, it's just not my "choice" machine for this system when cutting. However, it is a great tool for the Finishing Wax to use after the DA Compound, or as a 1-Step procedure over a car.

Onto the pictures...
    This is an absolutely tore up Ford F250. Has been used as a farm truck for the last few years, and it shows! I've completed at least a hundred vehicles with this system(mainly the pads), and this is by far the worst paint I've put it up against.

Before:

Tore up from the floor up! lol!

Taping it off to separate...

Here's the finished 50/50 shot...

And the side of the bed, same process...

And a really nice close up so you can really see the difference...

Please keep in mind that this was with two passes of the DA Compound, and nothing to finish after. This is LSP ready Did you hear me? LSP READY WITH A COMPOUND!!! LOL!!

Also, I saw a recent post from someone to stay away from vinyl. Now this has been pretty true for most applications of most previous methods or systems, but with this picture below, can you really say that this system doesn't work on vinyl? If I would have known this was an issue, I would have taken better pictures, but I think you can see how well the vinyl looks in this picture.

Now I have 4 rotary buffers, and a minimum of 500+ foam pads that are just sitting around, doing nothing but collecting dust! I see a very large online garage sale in my future! Just don't tell anyone about this system so I won't have a problem selling all these pads, deal? Thanks!

I have a TON more pictures, just not sure if we're able to post them all in the other "before/After" forums yet.

Hope this helps you understand this system a bit more from "another prospective".

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Nick
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Re: Nick's Microfifer System words of ancient wisdom...

That is unbelievable that the compound finishes LSP ready. Good job on the farm truck.
    Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
    2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
    2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Very Nice, Nick! I can not wait to get my hands on this new M/F system.

How do you like the new DA compound with M/F pads compared to M105 with the new M/F pads? How do they compare?
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Mister B View Post
        Very Nice, Nick! I can not wait to get my hands on this new M/F system.

How do you like the new DA compound with M/F pads compared to M105 with the new M/F pads? How do they compare?

DA Compound is just a bit on the weaker side compared to M105. With this system, M105 turns out exceptional quality work! I'm working on a red Honda Civic Si right now, using M105 and the Microfiber pads. One single pass, and it at an excellent quality level!

To be honest, I'm a bit scared of this system I mean, now anyone has the potential to turn out top quality work, even the average do-it-yourselfer, in the garage at home. This system could be a curse for some of us instead of a blessing lol!

Comment

On that note, I'd like to propose an idea to Meguiar's. Can we limit the sale of this product to people that actually do this for a living? Maybe institute some type of license or something so the average person will not be able to get their grubby little hands on this system LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
            On that note, I'd like to propose an idea to Meguiar's. Can we limit the sale of this product to people that actually do this for a living? Maybe institute some type of license or something so the average person will not be able to get their grubby little hands on this system LOL!!!
            Thanks NICK. If they limit the product to you pros then I would have to drive to Dallas to have you detail my rides. LOL
            Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
            317-513-4678

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
              Thanks NICK. If they limit the product to you pros then I would have to drive to Dallas to have you detail my rides. LOL
              See my point? Perfect!!!!!

Comment

I'd also like to add that these pads work EXTREMELY well at polishing aluminum and metal! Just get your favorite metal polish and go to town! I typically use M105 and M205 when polishing metal, and these work very well with the new 3" pads! I've only been able to polish wheels and radiators on the Metabo with these pads so far, so I'm not certain how they'll do with a larger surface. But from what I've seen, they shouldn't have any problems

Comment

Also, here's a Jeep I did last year with this system.

Before:
                  Notice the extremely large scratch across the door!

And after:
                  Where'd it go????

Comment

Holy Cow Nick!!! That is some incredible stuff. That Jeep door is simply mind-blowing.

Since I haven't heard of the microfiber system you can give some foam pads to me if you really want to..................really, I wouldn't mind.......
                    Tedrow's Detailing
                    845-642-1698
                    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Great and extremely practical write-up, Nick.

I remember when you posted about this System taking over most of your rotary buffer jobs and I realized how powerful tool it is.

Pro Detailers could also benefit from simplicity of this System when training their employees how to use it. And for weekend warriors a powerful 2-step system providing show car results - what better to expect.

Thanks for sharing your experience with this System.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
                        While entirely average, my hands are not grubby!!

Amazing result on that jeep. Truly amazing. Thanks for the insights.

Where do I send the fee for the license?

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        David

Comment

Great review Nick!

Knowing that you'd been using this system for some time now I was really looking forward to hearing your thought's on the system!

Can't wait to see more before and after pics!
                          Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Nice review!
                            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Great write up Nick and amazing results as always.
                              Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                              www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                              Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');