• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's The Best product for maintaining Black Color Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's The Best product for maintaining Black Color Car?

Hi guys,
    I need some information on meguiar's product, which one is best for maintaining black color car? Tell me the name of the product for waxing, cleaning and anything that important for black color car and why you choose it. Right now I'm trying to concentrate on detailing black color first.
    Thanks in advance....

Regards,
    Jefri Lay

Re: What's The Best product for maintaining Black Color Car?

I use UC, UP, and UW for my black cars and it turns out perfect. I use a machine for everything. For maintenance I use UQD and UQW. That should get the results you are looking for.
    Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
    2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
    2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Check out this article: Your Daily Driver: A Simple Wash & Wax Regimen.
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

Im going to assume you are taking care of a newer car, which has a clear coat, (clear paint on top of the black color paint or base coat). Since you have clear paint on top of color all you are taking care of is the clear paint.
        So any of the new Ultimate series of Meguiars paint care products will work great for you.

It all depends on the current condition of your current paint and what you want to do with it.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
        2007 2500 SILVERADO HD BLACK
        2008 Tahoe White
        Beaufort,S.C

Comment

There is really nothing spacial for any color. Some people may like different waxes, but that is just personal preference.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have a newer black Lexus with what I believe to be delicate paint I use:
            Gold Class and Ultimate Wash and Wax
            M205, now probably Ultimate Polish
            M21, now probably Ulimate Wax
            Ultimate Quik Wax after washing
            Ultimate Quik Detailer for dusting

Once you have the finish clean, smooth and defect free, use the wax you like and keep it clean, but UQD is perhaps my favorite go to product. It is awesome on black. I've used it when it's cold and when it's hot, but it really makes black (or probably any color) sizzle with shine.

Meguiar's says polish is an optional step, but that moment when you wipe it off to reveal that great shine and clear reflections can't be beat.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            David

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post

Once you have the finish clean, smooth and defect free, use the wax you like and keep it clean, but UQD is perhaps my favorite go to product. It is awesome on black. I've used it when it's cold and when it's hot, but it really makes black (or probably any color) sizzle with shine.

Meguiar's says polish is an optional step, but that moment when you wipe it off to reveal that great shine and clear reflections can't be beat.
              Jeff,

The last time I did a full detail on my car which is black, I used M105, M205 topped with M21. Jeff look at my gallery and you wil see it. As for delicate paint? You can't really tell until you start working it. I really can't wait to see some pics. Are you working by hand, DA or rotary? Let us help you..... Oh and of course I clayed first. This is the one single most important step in detailing. A clean smooth surface will highly improve your end result.

Andy
              Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
              Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Two thumbs up to what Andy said and Jefri I think Murr mentioned it in your other thread. Getting rid of bonded contaminants really helps when you start your corrective work.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                David

Comment

Originally posted by Andy M. View Post
                  Jeff,

The last time I did a full detail on my car which is black, I used M105, M205 topped with M21. Jeff look at my gallery and you wil see it. As for delicate paint? You can't really tell until you start working it. I really can't wait to see some pics. Are you working by hand, DA or rotary? Let us help you..... Oh and of course I clayed first. This is the one single most important step in detailing. A clean smooth surface will highly improve your end result.

Andy
                  Hi Andy, I'm working on it by hand, because DA polisher is very expensive in Indonesia (approximately USD 325). I'm still working on it Andy and will update some pictures after the process completed, OK! Thanks for your support...

Comment

Originally posted by smack View Post
                    I use UC, UP, and UW for my black cars and it turns out perfect. I use a machine for everything. For maintenance I use UQD and UQW. That should get the results you are looking for.
                    Good for you, you have machine for detailing your car
                    I am working by hand only... anyway thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                      There is really nothing spacial for any color. Some people may like different waxes, but that is just personal preference.
                      Okay Mat. I just wondering if there is special product for black color. That's all...

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post

NOTED... Thanks David for sharing...

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                          Very helpful article... I think everyone who has a car should read this... AWESOME Thank you for sharing Akimel

Comment

Originally posted by Jefri Lay View Post
                            Okay Mat. I just wondering if there is special product for black color. That's all...
                            As far as washing, claying, cleaning, polishing, all products work fine for all colors.

The only situation would be that #80 is nice for Single Stage paints.

And then wax works on any color, jsut if someone likes one more than another.
                            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                              As far as washing, claying, cleaning, polishing, all products work fine for all colors.

The only situation would be that #80 is nice for Single Stage paints.

And then wax works on any color, jsut if someone likes one more than another.
                              I forgot to reply this one. Wha is single stage paints???

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');