• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it really worth the change , mothers to meguiars NXT(Pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it really worth the change , mothers to meguiars NXT(Pics)

hi i am new here , i have few questions for u guys ....

i am using mothers product 4 the last 3 years and i couldn't be more happier , was thinking of changing to Meg NXT since people keep saying good things about it .... is it worth it or can it do better......

need advice guys

oh i have few pic for my car after applying Mothers California Gold (ultimate was system)
    Attached Files

another 1
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SSPOWER; Feb 16, 2005, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last 1
            Attached Files

Comment

Re: Is it really worth the change , mothers to Meguiar's NXT(Pics)

Originally posted by SSPOWER
              hi i am new here , i have few questions for u guys ....

i am using mothers product 4 the last 3 years and i couldn't be more happier , was thinking of changing to Meg NXT since people keep saying good things about it .... is it worth it or can it do better......

need advice guys

oh i have few pic for my car after applying Mothers California Gold (ultimate was system)
              Hi SSPOWER,

Here's why your pictures don't show up...

How to put pictures into your posts

A lot of people want to share a picture in their message and naturally try to do so using the Attach file option at the bottom of where you type in your message...

That would be right below to the left where it says "Attach File"

When I say that the Attach File option is not enabled, what I mean is it won't insert your picture, but instead inserts a link. You can still click on the Browse button to select a picture off your computer, but it won't actually insert the image. See below,

The "Attach File" option is turned off because over time the data base tables become corrupted and the wrong pictures show up in messages, (everyone's messages). What this means is overtime, if you were to read a message you posted you may see someone else's picture in your message instead of the picture you originally Attached. This can be very annoying. For example, you post a message about the horrible swirls in your car's finish but the pictures shows beautiful car, or something else. When this happens, you message doesn't make sense you to, or anyone else that's reading the thread.

The other problem with using the Attach File option is that it creates two data bases with pictures, (one for the gallery and one for the forum), which is a bad use of resources and causes long back-up times.

For the above reason, we provide all our registered members with their own gallery to keep their photos in. We ask all of our members to upload their pictures into their gallery and then use the IMG tags to insert your picture into your message.

It would look like this,

Note: In the above picture, there is a Yellow Box drawn around what is called the URL Address of a picture that is on the Internet, whether it's in your Meguiar's Online Gallery, or somewhere else. To snag this address, all you have to do is Right Click with your mouse on the top of any photo on the Internet, and then select Properties. An information box will appear on your computer screen with information about the pictures. Look for the words, URL Address and then use your mouse/cursor to to highlight the address and then Right Click on the highlighted text and select Copy, to copy this URL address into the IMG button/tags.

It's pretty simple and easy to do, once you do it a few times. After uploading your pictures and inserting them using the IMG button, you will get the hang of it and it works the same way on most forums.

Here are some tutorials on how to work with images in the vbulletin environment. These can be found in a forum called, Meguiar?s On-line Technical Tutorials.

1) How-to Crop your photos before uploading them to your gallery
              2) How to resize your photos using Easy Thumbnails - Free software!
              3) Step-by-Step Picture-Posting HOW TO

In most cases, you should follow the above order when working with your images. That is,

First Step - Crop your photo's. Cut out the junk so that your picture contains what's important, the picture should tell a story even if the story is, "Look at me, I'm a beautiful car". There is an example in the tutorial).

Second Step - Resize your photos. It's bad Netiquette to post pictures that are wider than 700 pixels wide as it will not fit on the majority of peoples computer monitors and in order to see you picture, the viewer will have to horizontal scroll, ugh.... A lot of digital cameras take very large pictures, so you you must resize them to make them easy to view as well as faster to download.

The Tutorial for his shows you how to do it with a free software program that I use, but any software program that you already own and know how to use will also work.

Third Step - Upload your picture to your gallery, this is covered for both PC computers and MACcomputers in the tutorial.

When you see someone, especially a new member trying to attach a picture using the Attach file option, please be kind and share with them the link to this message so that they will understand why their pictures don't show up and so that they can learn the proper procedures for inserting photos into their messages.

We want to encourage people to post their pictures, but we want to show them how to do it the right way.

"Each one, teach one"

Thank you!

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

If you look at my signature line, you'll see it says,

If you find a product you like, then apparently the results look good in your eyes, if you use it often, then your finish will always look great. It's only when you begin to neglect or abuse the finish that it goes down hill.

If you're happy with the results you're getting with Mothers products then by all means continue using them. If you're curious as to how your finish will look with Meguiar's then test them out.

Probably the best test of all is when you view your finish in different light settings from different angles.

Before

After drivers side had one coat of NXT Tech Wax applied

Here's a how-to article on how to top other waxes, but it also explains how to test two products side-by-side so that you can evaluate the results of the two different waxes before applying you're second choice, (your topper), over the entire finish. The point being, if your topper isn't going to make one small area look good, then you don't want to apply it to the entire finish.

Hope this helps...

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

thanx Mike Phillips , u helped me alot

click in the link below and let me know what do u think of my work in the car ......

MY Web page

i am going to try meguiars they looks great on the black c5 , BTW iam a camaro owner

note: i don't have auto polisher , all the work was done by hand

on the first page on my web page u will c night shots for the car and on the second page day light pics

Comment

is it working

Comment

Yep!

Looks good!

Mike

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

nice car but i bet NXT would give a better reflection

Comment

Wow, that car looks great! Is that the teal with the white top and interior? It's a stunning color combination, IMO.

Question: are there lots of cars like that in Bahrain? I bet it makes one heck of an impression!

Tom
                          As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Looks good. Nxt is a great wax.
                            I like how you only use Vettes for the before and after cars Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
                              Wow, that car looks great! Is that the teal with the white top and interior? It's a stunning color combination, IMO.

Question: are there lots of cars like that in Bahrain? I bet it makes one heck of an impression!

Tom
                              thanx man ,

in my country we have big market for GM and american cars ..... there is alot of c5 , c6 , camaro's and all GM cars

but i am the only 1 that got this color in Bahrain , also i did few apperance modifications to the car (full body kit, after mark hood like WS6 , chrome rims, SS spoiler )

i am happy that u like it

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');