Great news everyone - the DA Microfiber System is now available for distributor order, meaning end users will be able to have the system in their hands very soon now!
There has been a lot of speculation as to just what this system fully entails, and this post will answer all those questions. We have a separate post dedicated to proper use of the DA Microfiber system available here but we wanted to announce this here since this thread has had so much traffic, and so many subscribers, in the past few months. We want to thank you all for your patience while we put the finishing touches on this system - a system which, we should tell you, is designed specifically for factory applied paint.
So without further ado..................
The DA Microfiber Correction System is comprised of the following:
2 Liquid Components
DA Microfiber Correction Compound - D300
- No swirls - guaranteed (keep in mind we're talking about the fact that this system will not leave buffer swirls like a rotary usually does during compounding)
- Super-micro abrasive technology (SMAT) quickly removes moderate defects with a high gloss
- No mess, no sling, low dusting for superior clean up
- Rich concentrated formula delivers lower cost per car
- 16 ounce - $19.86 (D30016)
- 32 ounce - $34.50 (D30032)
- 1 gallon - $88.00 (D30001)
DA Microfiber Finishing Wax - D301
- One-pass fast, dust free wipe off
- Rich blend of polymers, silicones & carnauba for high gloss protection
- Specially formulated to optimize surface after applying DA Microfiber Correction Compound
- Designed for use with DA Microfiber Finishing Disc
You'll be interested to know that the 16 ounce bottles are not the typical ketchup type bottle any more. We are introducing a bottle with a self cleaning spout - no more little red cap to lose, no more product clogging up the tip; pull to open, push to close and self clean.
- 16 ounce - $9.00 (D30116)
- 32 ounce - $15.80 (D30132)
- 1 gallon - $39.80 (D30101)
2 Disc Components
- Cutting Disc - New microfiber disc technology cuts through moderate surface defects with no swirls - guaranteed
- Cutting disc optimized for use with DA Correction Compound D300
- Finishing Disc - New microfiber disc technology refines surface to a high gloss finish
- Finishing disc optimized for use with DA Finishing Wax D301
- Engineered foam interface for optimal cutting efficiency and controlled conformability
- Machine washable
Sizes, pricing, part numbers:
- DA Microfiber Cutting Disc
- 3.37" diameter - $13.98 2-pack (DMC3)
- 5.5" diameter - $21.98 2-pack (DMC5) or $118.69 12-pack (DMC5B)
- 6.25" diameter - $23.98 2-pack (DMC6) or $129.49 12-pack (DMC6B)
- DA Microfiber Finishing Disc
- 3.37" diameter - $13.98 2-pack (DMF3)
- 5.5" diameter - $21.98 2-pack (DMF5) or $118.69 12-pack (DMF5B)
- 6.25" diameter - $23.98 2-pack (DMF6) or $129.49 12-pack (DMF6B)
Further, it is highly recommended that our backing plates be used, primarily due to the micro-hook attachment system. While a longer, more traditional hook & loop attachment system will hold the pads in place, this mismatch will cause operating temperature on the disc to increase noticeably.
This variety of pad sizes makes the DA Microfiber Correction System compatible with a wide range of popular tools:
- DMC3/DMF3 pads: Mini air tools, Metabo SXE400
- DMC5/DMF5 pads: DA buffers such as Meguiar's G110v2, G110, G100, Porter Cable 7424, 7336, 7424XP, Griot's Garage 6"
- DMC6/DMF6 pads: Pneumatic DA buffers, Flex 3401, Festool, etc
In addition to these tools, our S6HP and S3HP hand pads work great with these pads for hand application of compound or wax.
Again, this post is intended as an introduction to the components available in this system. A "how-to" write up is available by clicking here.