• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White marks on window trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White marks on window trim

I got some white stuff on my window trim. The front and back doors on both sides of my truck. I used a lot of products try to remove it, but still wont come off. i figure I will keep looking befor I decide to crack and buy new ones. I have a 06 Toyota Tuundra and is still looking like it rolled off the car lot. This is the only one problem I have with it. I do use it as a daily driver and I detail the truck once a month, with twice a year clay baring. Will post pic's of the window stills tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: White marks on window trim

how did it get there? maybe its wax or polish? have u tried apc?
    Don't get so caught up making a living that you forget to make a life.

Comment

I don't know, I got the truck used from Toyota. Payed them to detail the car and remove all the scratches, witch they didn't do. So I been detailing it myself since the second day I got it. I use Turtle Ice Wax, witch is going be switched. So I know it's not wax.

Comment

Could be something the dealer used that they got on the trim and then proceeded to cover it up with a trim dressing. That would cause it to turn white once the dressing wore off.

Comment

Got any ideas on how to remove it and what to use? It's the only thing that makes my truck looked used, lol.

Comment

I've heard of great results from the big pink pencil erasers or you could try some M40 Vinyl and rubber conditioner, M39 Heavy duty vinyl cleaner, or even some APC (all purpose cleaner) with a soft brush.

Comment

It's either wax, or polishing compound.

Pencil eraser will penetrate the textured surface and remove dried particles. A Magic Eraser sponge should also do quite well.

I would suggest first spritzing with an all-purpose cleaner like Meguiar's, then agitate with a soft natural hair/bristle brush and dry with towel. After that, hit it with some ultimate protectant.

In the future, you should apply masking tape over any surface you want to protect from wax/compounds, otherwise you'll be spending a whole load of time with the eraser again.

Comment

Will give it a try. Thanks for the heads up on the tape for waxing, I would never think about going that extra mile.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');