• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vehicle

I have a new 3004 Ford Ranger (Black), after I bought it I used the Tech wax...as far as maintaining, should I simply wash weekly and use quick mist? Does polish do anything other then looks? Should I 'quickclay' it to keep the surface clean, if so then will it strip wax?

WOW 3004 Ford Ranger -

that's 1000 years into the future

just kidding - as for cleaning it up - washing once a week is good - you can quik detail it inbetween waxes

if you keep it clean and wax it often you won't need to claybar or polish.

you will be fine.
    2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

Make sure you use high quality wash mits and drying towels when washing to help minimize fine scratches and swirls.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what constitutes a high quality wash mitt? Is there a big difference between chenille, natural lamb, and synthetic?

Comment

Clay if the paint feels rough. If it is smooth you probably don't need to clay. If you get rail dust, tar, or severe tree sap on your truck you will need to clay, otherwise you won't need to.

If you can remove tree sap soon after it lands on the paint, either by washing or using a QD, you may avoid the need to clay.

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');