• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tech Wax 2.0 DISSAPOINTMENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Wax 2.0 DISSAPOINTMENT

I bought the tech wax 2.0 for my infiniti I35, Meguiars is th ONLY car care products i will use on this car, and i wasnt happy with the out come of my use of this products. I used the wax twice, once without the buffer and once with and it didnt seem to give the shine i anticipated.I was in a way dissapointed with meguiars, i dont know if im doing something wrong, i pre washed with the gold class wash.dried with the blower and towel,and waxed the car..PLZ give me advice

..im thinking i may try buying wax and my car care products from mothers??!!

Re: Tech Wax 2.0 DISSAPOINTMENT

how old is the car?

What color is it?
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

How well has the paint been taken care of ?

You can try to shine a duck....but in the end....it's a duck...

Maybe try a paint cleaner, or it may possibly need some correction?

Got pics?

Comment

I would consider the condition of the paint first. I wouldn't jump ship to mothers, etc. Synthetic waxes usually don't have the same depth as the carnauba waxes (all things equal). The difference can be seen on dark paint.. Also, with synthetics, max shine is achieved after the wax is given time to cure. I actually had the same view when i had my first use of a synthetic polymer product, which is MOthers FX synwax. Absolute breeze to use.. Easy on, easy off. I was a bit disappointed at first, I expected a bit more from it.. It took time for me to really like it. The NXT 2.0? amlost the same thing.. I was actually thinking that the DC 3 carnauba gave a lot more depth and richness and water beading. The main advantage of NXT 2.0 (vs. other meguiar's consumer wax line up) is it offers the best durability.

Give NXT 2.0 another shot. Synthetic waxes have their quirks, some good, some require a bit of getting used to.

Comment

Just to give you an idea on mothers (particularly the FX), here's what I've observed between FX and NXT.

Gloss: On black cars, NXT 2.0 has an edge in really bringing out the "blackness" of the paint. It also looks a bit thicker. The FX synwax looks a bit stale at certain lighting conditions, but it does offer a certain brightness (or bling?) to the paint. At certain times, the FX gives really sharp reflections, but NXT again counters with more depth. The NXT gives a more balanced look.. On light colored cars, its really very close between the two. If you have a dark colored car with not much chrome to brighten up things or to add contrast, FX synwax may be your ticket.

Ease of use: The NXT is easy to use. The FX is even easier to use! However, FX seems to be a bit more powdery than NXT (even when thin coats are applied). The FX also dries a bit faster, not really an issue for me.

Durability: At first, i gave it to NXT 2.0 but there were other factors that may have affected the durability of it.. I still give nxt the edge, if only by a few days.. I now follow a lot of the maintenance steps in paint care STRICTLY. I can get almost the same durabilty from nxt and collinite 476s.

Regarding that wax, i was at first amazed with it. The depth, the overall look, and the insane water beading.. the more i used it, and also the nxt, i realized how good the NXT is. It actually more than matches the NXT..

Comment

How old is the car?
            Did you clay the car after washing?
            What type of paint cleaner did you use?

These are just a few things that could help you obtain better results.
            Waxing imho will not make a car shine to its potential alone. Preperation is the key to making it shine.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I absolutely agree with all other guys.

Wax alone cannot provide too much muscle to paint surface with defects.

Clay bar and even light paint cleaner would make a huge difference restoring gloss and extending protection.

If you'd like to stay with 1-step process then after car wash clay your vehicle and use cleaner wax, all in one (AIO) product. You may go with M06 Cleaner Wax, ColorX, M66 Quick Detailer or D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream. The product selection would depend on paint condition and type of application (machine vs. hand).

Cleaner Waxes are excellent choice for daily drivers.

Comment

Thanks for all the help... Ill definantly try these ideas.. the car is an 02 Infiniti I35, and its Millineum Jade, garage kept..

Comment

Originally posted by Tdubi View Post
                  Thanks for all the help... Ill definantly try these ideas.. the car is an 02 Infiniti I35, and its Millineum Jade, garage kept..
                  Here is what I want you to do, take a plastic sandwich bag, place your hand inside of it and gently rub it across your feshly washed paint. What does it feel like? Please let us know....as this will help us as to where to start....

Ie. Did you clay the paint?
                  Did you use a pre-wax cleaner or a polish/compound to pre-clean the paint?
                  What type of buffer do you have?

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');