• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to clean tires and rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to clean tires and rims

im new to detailing , would i be able to use meguiars apc to clean tires and rims , how can i make it safe for all rims ?

Re: Best way to clean tires and rims

APC is fine for cleaning rims, it's all I use. Simply dilute it something like 2 to 1 or 4 to 1. It's fine to use as long as the rims aren't too dirty.

Simply spray on, agitate with a brush and spray off. For the tyres I use a paint brush, the sort for painting wooden fences. Simply spray on the tyres, agitate with the brush and spray off.

Comment

For wheels I like Meguiar's Wheel Brightener and for tires I use Meguiar's Super Degreaser

Dilute with water at the recommended amounts and these will do the job nicely!
      BobbyG

Comment

I would go with the APC. One of the many features about this product is this. The ability to dilute it to the strength that works for you. Also the versatility of the product. You can use it on the interior, Exterior. even inside your house. It is a very good product.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Make sure your wheels are "cool to the touch" before applying product

I like Castrols Super Clean. Avalible at Wal-Mart for $8 and one gallon makes two

Comment

thanks guys , i got a quick question , when i Dilute the product , im guessing its by ounces right if i use a meguairs spray bottle ? thanks guys for the help

Comment

Originally posted by eckerd512 View Post
              thanks guys , i got a quick question , when i Dilute the product , im guessing its by ounces right if i use a meguairs spray bottle ? thanks guys for the help
              This should help:

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...light=dilution

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              David

Comment

One good way to clean tires is to keep them clean. Don't apply all that junk dressing on them. It picks up dirt/grime and hardens. People always complain that their tires get dirty but they still cake this stuff on.

I use a little Hyperdressing at 3:1 or I'm starting to go back to 303's Aerospace Protectant.

Comment

I think that Megs own Endurance tyre dressings pretty decent stuff. If your concerned about it's application there's nothing from stopping you from buffing it with a microfibre.

Comment

Just remember to go back after 10-20 minutes after you apply the tire dressing. Wipe off any excess product. This helps cut down on tire sling.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

kool thanks guy now all i have to do is buy the apc

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');