• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirror Glaze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Glaze?

Hello everyone, I am looking at stepping up from the consumer products to the professional lines. I am a little confused about the purpose of some products in the Mirror Glaze line though. The Detailer line is straight forward though. Basically for detailing a car that is kept fairly well what products do i need? I just dont want to order a whole bunch of stuff and find out I have no use for it.

Thanks,
    Jake

Re: Mirror Glaze?

You can still use consumer products and recieve great results. Colorx is a fantastic cleaner/wax that really keeps the paint clean when applied once a month (if it is stand alone). You could also top this cleaner/wax with any wax including the new Ultimate Wax which would give you several months of protection without a problem.

Could you be any more specific as to what you want to do that would require the Mirror Glaze line? M26 is a fantastic carnauba wax for instance. But, if your only working on your car, there is really no need to totally change over to the Mirror Glaze line. The Mirror Glaze line is a professional line known for offering in quantities (i.e. 64 oz., gallon, etc.)
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Yeah, none of the lines are necessarily 'better' than the other. Just more options, more application options, maybe something just seems to work better for you.

For a well maintained car, you may be looking at:

1. Wash
      2. Clay
      3. Clean - #205
      4. Polish - Optional - #7
      5. Wax - #21

Or something like that...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

The main difference between Consumer Line and Mirror Glaze Line is that professional products can be used with rotary buffers. If you mainly work with DA polisher and do hand applications you'll be fine with Consumer, especially with new products coming soon like Ultimate Polish (very close to Ultra Finishing Polish M205) and Ultimate Wax (synthetic with thin film technology, increased durability and more shine).

Comment

I just glazed my car with #7 glaze pro line its a pure polish for a gloss shine followed by a yellow paste wax #26 and I got a super shine car looks wet and glossy. This set up worked great for me.

Comment

Basically the differences are application and the larger quantities. All are compatible with each other.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

ok so i basically need #7, #205 and #26. Also would i need a swirl remover with that as well. I do some detailing for some neighbours....

Comment

#205 has some swirl removal ability, and SwirlX will be a bit stronger, then Ultimate Compound.

Thats what we mean, dont get tied up in one line or the other. Just use what you need.

Comment

Alright sounds good. I have some extra cash so I am thinking of putting in a big order at Autogeek or some place that ships to Canada. I am thinking, most of the 1gallon Detailer stuff(seems like it will last quite awhile)the 3 above mentioned Mirror Glaze products. As well as some goodies like a foam gun, brinkmann light and some new buckets with grit guards, also some new microfibers and a wheel brush kit. Im pretty excited about it haha

Comment

Yeah, you can certainly worry more about the dressings, APC, soap, Glass Cleaner, etc and the accesories before worrying about #21 vs Nxt kind of things.

Comment

Yeah I agree, my first big project will be the family GMC Terrain that did not do to well over the summer. As well as my brothers recently purchased Tacoma

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');