• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to use on Plastic/Vinyl Windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use on Plastic/Vinyl Windows?

Our boat has some plastic windows that we can put down in the winter to keep a sitting area warm. Ive taken some of them down and polished them with Plastx and waxed them, the results were pretty dang amazing. The plastic rolled up much easier and after a year they still bead and are noticeably clearer than the others.

Question is, Ive not has a chance to polish and wax all of the windows. Im looking for something quick and easy to protect them through the winter, Ill polish the rest next spring when we take them down. Would Natural Shine be ok to use on the windows for now? I just want something with UV protection, not too worried about them looking kinda smeared for now. They are very similar to the plastic windows on Jeep Wranglers, just thicker.

Thanks!
    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Re: What to use on Plastic/Vinyl Windows?

Does anyone not know anything about this? I know we have some wrangler owners on here. I looked through the clear plastic threads and didnt see anything about it, that should be called a headlight thread.

Either way, I know it wont do any harm, but Id like to know if theres a better product that may add more protection than Natural shine?? Our walmart has the new Natural Shine(with scotch guard) for $5 so I picked up two bottles.. Went to another walmart and they have everything on sale for $4 .. Gold class, Quick detailer, Natural shine, Supreme shine, everything for $4 a bottle. Got a bottle of Gold class and Quick detailer(the big bottles). Guess walmart is going to stop carrying all of this...

Comment

Natural Shine certainly wouldnt hurt... I dont know about rollign up, but I doubt it would stick.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Well I smeared Natural Shine all over the Plastic. I put it on very heavy and used a MicroFiber to spread it around. Instead of going back over it with another MF I just left all of the excess on, figured it will wear off over the winter.

On one plastic window, however, I went back over it just to see whatit would look like and it looked AMAZING. It looked practically brand new, this stuff hides swirls and mild scratches really well. Plastic was slick as snot too. Plan on using this stuff on a yearly basis for these windows now.

Comment

Hello

Does anybody carry out detailing of yacht interior and exterior by using pressurized steam (with diesel burning steam generator like Optima Steameror FX)? What kind of tools and Meg products do you use? Do you spray the product just before steaming? Thanks for your feedback.

Serkan

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');