• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

damp sanding with da polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damp sanding with da polisher

I'm planning in fixing a few scratches with some painting and damp sanding using my da polisher. Its there a tutorial anywhere on how to do this exactly? Speed settings, pressure, techniques, etc. I'm planning on taping off around the scratch, painting, removing tape, sanding smooth, taping off a slightly larger area, clear costing, then sanding smooth and buffing. Is that the general idea?

Thanks guys

Re: damp sanding with da polisher

Did I get it right: you're gonna touch-up some deep scratches and level them?
    DA polisher speed for damp-sanding should be 3-4. Arm speed: medium. Amount of water on disc: small (just damp). Pressure: small-medium (depending on depth). For fresh paint: 1500 grit sanding disc, 3000 grit finishing disc. For OEM paint: 1000 grit finishing disc, 3000 grit finishing disc. Follow up: M105 on wool/ foam cutting pad, M205 on polishing/ finishing pad.

Comment

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by elohel View Post
        Exactly what I was looking for, thanks man
        No problem. That's a great write-up by Mike Phillips.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');