• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ultimate Polish

Does anyone get good results with Ultimate Polish on black car? I've tried Ultimate Polish on two of my car's side panel yesterday. Compare my hood with the side panels, didn't notice any difference after applying the polish topped with Ultimate Wax.

Comment

Originally posted by clx View Post
      Does anyone get good results with Ultimate Polish on black car? I've tried Ultimate Polish on two of my car's side panel yesterday. Compare my hood with the side panels, didn't notice any difference after applying the polish topped with Ultimate Wax.
      I just happened to try the combination of Ultimate Compound + Ultimate Polish yesterday. I used Menzerna Power Lock for the sealant, but it didn't change the look of the car. I was very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sludge View Post
        I just happened to try the combination of Ultimate Compound + Ultimate Polish yesterday. I used Menzerna Power Lock for the sealant, but it didn't change the look of the car. I was very impressed.
        Wow that is amazing! What year was your car?

Did you do clay bar / ultimate compound before polishing? Did you use a machine or by hand?

Comment

The car is a 2006 with 55,000 miles. I had clay barred the car a couple weeks ago so I didn't repeat that. I used Ultimate Compound followed by Ultimate Polish using a Flex 3401. I couldn't imagine doing all that work by hand even on my small car.

Comment

okay i bought some of this stuff a couple weeks ago but havnt used it yet, im waiting untill i have a DA polisher first which im getting soon, my car is a 2007 white mustang, ive acually clayed my car twice now in a month due to those annoying rust spots. i have done a couple passes of ultimate compound by hand and went right into 2 coats of M21, but i feel like i want to start cause i belive the car can be much wetter and glossier, here is my list
            -wash/dry
            -clay(if i see anymore rust specs)
            -ultimate polish-White pad
            -2 coats of M21-Blue or Red pad
            -ultimate QD
            or maybe even add the poorboys white diamond after ultimate polish??
            OR
            -same as first 2 above
            -#9 swirl remover-White pad
            -poorboys white diamond glaze-Gray Pad
            -2 coats of M21-Blue or Red pad
            -UQD maintain

Comment

Originally posted by nonsensez9 View Post
              thanks. I'll let you know how it works out. Hopefully the weather-dude is wrong about snow this weekend.
              Got to use it a couple weeks ago. I like it. Long working time and it buffs of easily. Topped with nxt2. Looks as good as any other combo I've tried. Swirl-X still has a place on my car, though.... I use it instead of UC on the repainted panels because UC is too agressive.

I never did get a chance to add a second coat of wax until tonite... I happened to find Ultimate Liquid Wax at a local store yesterday, and as I'm all out of nxt2, I thought I'd try it out. I sure hope it lasts a long time, cuz it's a real pain to remove. It still looks very uneven, hopefully after it cures overnight it will look better.

Comment

is this stuff good for a white car?, i have a white mustang 2007 and wondering if i should do this or a glaze like poorboys white diamond then LSp, or do do UP then the white diamond, then LSP?

Comment

UP *is* a glaze and finishing polish. Just use that and leave the white diamond aside.
                  Paul Marmarinos
                  Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                  "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
                    UP *is* a glaze and finishing polish. Just use that and leave the white diamond aside.

so basiclly the white diamond wont do anything?

Comment

and does UP take off old wax/sealants?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteV6stang View Post
                        so basiclly the white diamond wont do anything?
                        I wouldn't think so. It has light cleaners (like UP but lighter) and fillers like UP.

Originally posted by WhiteV6stang View Post
                        and does UP take off old wax/sealants?
                        Yes, the light abrasives will clean everything off and remove very light marring as well.
                        Paul Marmarinos
                        Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                        "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
                          I wouldn't think so. It has light cleaners (like UP but lighter) and fillers like UP.

Yes, the light abrasives will clean everything off and remove very light marring as well.

oh wow very cool, so id be wasting my money if i get pinnacles paintwork cleansing lotion OR meguires swirl remover, and poorboys white diamond?

Comment

and also what about light swirl marks? nothing major at all, UC would be way to much for what i need to take off, will the polish do the job?

Comment

also will it matter if i use a white CCS pad or a gray CCS pad?

Comment

so if i want to clear some swirl using this prod by hand, do i must to use as many power as i use the UC to clean the swirl ? or i can just use it like any other polish but still can clean the light swirl ? ( not fill )

thanks
                                Proud to be part of Meguiars Family

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');