• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Protectant Spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Protectant Spray

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
    Wow, that was unexpected! Thanks for sharing
    Yeah, I had major problems after applying the lotion...it would quickly run off after a rain storm or such - just a terrible experience. It reminded me of using the old, old armor all protectant - looked okay for bit but faded in no time.

This application of the spray has been through two snow storms, rain storms, frost, etc. and it still looks like the day I applied it. And this was only one single application. I didn't prep or clean the surface either.

Comment

I just bought a bought to give it a shot. I was skeptical because I don't like a dressing with a lot of gloss as it reflects off the window. I read some reviews and saw some photos and decided to buy it. I'm glad I did. It darked the interior vinyl just the right amount. Before applying it I used APC+ to clean the area. A little prodcut goes a long way. I applied it with a foam pad and worked it in. I have a little white spot on the top of the dash. I had been using mother's VLR and that wuold not cover the area. The ultimate protectant restored the color back to black in that area. It even looks good on plastic. Overall I am very satisfied with this product. It will be my goto interior detailer.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

How are you guys applying this? It streaked so bad for me I went back to the basic Meguiars Supreme Shine. I followed some advice and cleaned the areas thoroughly before applying (rubbing alcohol). I was very dissatisfied with it.
        Andy

Comment

The streaking propbably occured by using too much product.

I use it with a foam applicator. The first time I use it, I use 1-2 spritzes to prime the pad and just work it in evenly. After that I use 1/2 to 1 spritz on the foam pad. You don't need a lot. Everytime I do it this way I get an even look to it. I also do a light buff after it has dried to remove any high spots and knock the shine down a bit.

I also recommed you don't use alcohol as your cleaner. Stick with either APC (diluted properly) or quik interior detailer. Then follow up with a protectant.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

I apply UP with a microfiber cloth. I will try the foam applicator and see if it works better.
            Andy

Comment

I went ahead and gave it a try. The foam applicator pad really knocks down the streaks and buffing it does reduce the shine while further evening UP out on the surface. The end result is a shine somewhere in between Natural and Supreme protectants. I'm more a glossy guy with exterior trim. I prefer to stick with Supreme Shine in this case, but will save this for my Mercedes
              Andy

Comment

What is the difference between Ultimate Protectant Spray and Ultimate Protectant Dash & Trim Detailer (355ml bottle)?

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');