• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter Cable Package Deal for members of Meguiar's Online!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter Cable Package Deal for members of Meguiar's Online!

Hi all,

To anyone thinking about purchasing a Porter Cable Dual Action polisher, if you can hold off your purchase until sometime next week, Meguiar's is putting together a Package Deal for members of Meguiar's Online.

We will be bundling a collection of products into this package so that you will have everything you need to produce show car results. This collection will of course include Meguiar's G-100a, the Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher.

The Meguiar's G-100 includes a lifetime warranty

I figured I would ask people to chime in with a list of products they would like to see included in the Meguiar's Online Members Only package deal?

Here's what I have so far,

2 each W-8006
    1 each w-9006
    1 each M-8332
    1 each Tech Wax

Anyone care to make suggestions as to what you think would make a killer deal?

Feel free to add to my list, take away from my list, change the quantities in my list and a suggest a reasonalbe target price to stay under that would scream good value!

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

An ultimate bonnet, or a 2-pack of MF towels.

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

That would be AWESOME Mike!

I would like to see:

Micro fibers
      Odor Eliminator
      Ultimate Bonnet
      The set of 3 pads WDAV99B
      Quick Clay Detailing System

Maybe some professional products packaged in a small size besides a whole case

Glass Cleaner
      Engine Cote
      Citri gel

I hope you can package a deal without all the NXT line...already have it all.

Maybe a package for us that have most of the products, but really want a good deal on the PC and pads.

Comment

I would like to see a glass polish and what size pads can the porter cable accept.

Davo

Comment

Something else Mike...

NO Shipping would be EXCELLENT!!!

also some #83

I know the professional line that I posted like the glass cleaner would do REALLY well if you could package it even in 1 gallon for us that don't need a whole case.

Comment

Mike, this is great news.

How about:

Quick Clay System
            Ultimate Bonnet
            WDAV99B
            The whole NXT line of products

Thanks for asking us our opinion's

Comment

Re hello

Thanks for the reply, hope Mike ends up with a great package,
              Great to see someone to help others,
              Great work Mike.

Davo

Comment

I would suggest the

G-110A

2 each W-8006
                2 each w-9006
                1 each M-8332 DACP 32 oz
                1 each Tech Wax

and I would also throw in

1 M-9920 Ultimate Bonnett
                2 M-9910 Ultimate Wipes
                1 M-8232 Swirl Free Polish

Of course I already bought a PC about a month ago

Comment

This is great news. First let me say hello to all, just joined and have already learned alot. Just yesterday I put a PC in my cart, just didn't know what to put in there with it. I looked at the Centenial Package but just didn't think I needed all that. I don't know all the numbers but a basic detail kit for the average car or truck would be nice. Free shipping is also a nice touch. Thanks for having a great forum to come to with question.
                  Mark
                  2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
                  AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
                  1st Place-Best Overall Detail
                  3rd Place-Best of Show
                  March 26th, 2011

Comment

Since there are some, like me, who are just starting out and have always done things by hand, I don't know where to start and am still confused by all the products and corresponding numbers.

I would like a REAL starter kit to include:

G-100a
                    Velcro backing plate
                    2 Polishing pads
                    2 Wax application pads
                    2 Ultimte bonnets

Polish
                    Wax
                    Sealant

I don't know enough to use the real names or numbers so advice is needed. I use the above as reference only and am not sure of the order.

In essence, I need everything to do a basic 3 step process.

Oh ya, and FREE shipping.
                    Give me a dirty martini and a great cigar, cause nothing beats a nice tight white ash!

Located on the West Coast of the East Coast of North America (Tampa, Florida)

Comment

LOL, I was going to go hogwild, but I want to make sure that the thing gets done!

Mike, you suggested that we suggest a target price, as well. That's kind of difficult, because I bought one PC from Coastal for $120 with the plate & weight, and the other as a 7336 (with the proper weight) for $89 at Lowes, and picked up a backing plate for $12. Meg's offers a lifetime warranty, and each of us would have to decide the value of that for ourselves.

I'd say, keep it under $200. And offer two levels; a "paint care survival kit", which would be what you have listed, maybe with clay, wash, and mf towel or bonnet, and a "complete care survival kit", which would include a the paint care kit plus vinyl protectant (#40 or NXT; I'd choose #40 because it's both cleaner and protectant), maybe odor eliminator, rubber dressing, a couple applicators and towels, glass cleaner, and carpet cleaner, and the set of little brushes. Keep that one under $300.
                      As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
                        LOL, I was going to go hogwild, but I want to make sure that the thing gets done!

Mike, you suggested that we suggest a target price, as well. That's kind of difficult, because I bought one PC from Coastal for $120 with the plate & weight, and the other as a 7336 (with the proper weight) for $89 at Lowes, and picked up a backing plate for $12. Meg's offers a lifetime warranty, and each of us would have to decide the value of that for ourselves.

I'd say, keep it under $200. And offer two levels; a "paint care survival kit", which would be what you have listed, maybe with clay, wash, and mf towel or bonnet, and a "complete care survival kit", which would include a the paint care kit plus vinyl protectant (#40 or NXT; I'd choose #40 because it's both cleaner and protectant), maybe odor eliminator, rubber dressing, a couple applicators and towels, glass cleaner, and carpet cleaner, and the set of little brushes. Keep that one under $300.

I agree.... make a couple options, if the price is right I just might be tempted to sell my porter cable and get the Meguiars for the warranty alone. I would be interested in some ulltimate bonnets. I have never used one and I hear people rave about them might be nice to toss one in to get people to try them.
                        Last edited by gb387; Mar 28, 2004, 08:04 AM.
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

This really looks like a good idea. I really got hooked on detailing in the last month and have been reading and learning everything I possibly can about detailing.

I really feel this is a great opportunity to get guys like me permanently hooked on detailing.

However, I feel that the replies to this post are a little overboard. I'm seeing way too many products listed here!

I think you should really consider the college guy. The broke college guy who found a new hobby that he is really into.

The Basics:
                          Electric Dual Action Polisher, (2) W-8006, (1) W-9006, Ultimate Wipes or Ultimate Bonnet

As for products I think smaller bottles of DACP and NXT wax would be best. The samples should be just enough to detail 3-4 vehicles.

Consider the college guy who would love to save a little. I am thinking of a price somewhere around $120-150. But you’re thinking, “Hey, that’s a lot of loss in profits.” If you want to get customers for life, take risks and make a deal work. This deal would work. Thanks.
                          '87 Dante's Peak Off-Road GMC Suburban
                          '01 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Really, Really.
                            '87 Dante's Peak Off-Road GMC Suburban
                            '01 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

just make sure it's very affordable or my wife isn't going to be a happy camper

I personally would like to see the porter cable, and a top fo the line product allowing one to do professional level detailing, without having to own a shop or get a second mortgage. I would add PlastX and glass treatment products to the list.
                              Do you cocoon?
                              http://www.cocoontech.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');