• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Always properly secure your tools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always properly secure your tools.

Always make sure that your detailing products and tools are secure anytime they are in your car. Put them either in an enclosed container or in the trunk. I was recently in a bad car accident, when I was t-boned which knocked me off of an overpass. In the process my PCDA was thrown from the backseat and hit the side of my head leaving a gash. Then a bottle of GC leather cleaner flew up and "exploded" when the bottle busted on the dash and got into the cut which was anything but pleasant. So now I have to get a new car and a new backing plate (mine broke on my head) So I just wanted to remind everyone to secure everything that is in the car with you becuase you never know wahts gonna happen. (on a happier note the guy at the salvage yard said my car was the cleanest he had ever had towed to his lot lol)
    Last edited by q_tip98444; Jan 26, 2005, 02:34 AM.
    If other drivers aren't blinded by the reflection off your hood, your not done yet.

Oh man, I'm sorry. That had to hurt... Are you ok though?
    FL

Comment

Equipment, cars, and products can almost always be replaced, you can't. Glad to hear you're okay.
      Lew

"...will separate aircraft for food"

My Mercedes Benz S600

Comment

Hey q_tip98444

Welcome to Meguiars Online!!!

Your story sounds painful!! Sorry to hear that happened. But I do thank you for posting this as it good advice to everyone; you must secure all items in a vehicle.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Glad to hear you are okay. It could have been much worse. Good luck replacing your car. Take care.

Comment

Re: Always properly secure your tools.

Hi q_tip98444,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

I wish we could be welcoming you on a happier note but it's good to hear you're alright. You're correct in that we never know what's going to happen next in life, the most you can do is hope for the best try as well as you can to be prepared for the worst.

There's an old saying that I really like that goes like this,

"Try to learn from other people's mistakes as you may not live long enough to make them all on your own"

Thank you for sharing your experience with our forum, hopefully this will help everyone who reads this to be consciences of how they store anything in the inside of their car.

Best wishes on a fully recovery...

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm doing pretty good now still really sore though but I'm having a great time looking for a new car. Even though I get weird looks from the salesman when I look at a car and go, "man this would be fun to detail". I just wanted to put this up to kinda make people think next time they just sit something down in the car, I used to do that but not now, I mean when I think about the fact that I had a set of 15 pound weights in the car until a few days before the wreck it scares the crud outa me. Oh yeah, trying to make light of the situation while I was in the emergeny room getting x-rayed and everything my dad was talkin to me and goes, "I don't think you have anything strong enough to tackle our car, it's gonna need atleast wet-sanding and several pads!". The sad part is, when I saw the car the side was worse than any car I had ever seen in person, the doors were almost completely buckled, but about 80 percent of the paint on them was fine. I wanted to detail it one last time. but decided not to when I saw the look on the guys face that was from our insurance company lol. (I kinda muttered, I bet I could take those scratches out, and he looked at me like, dude, your weird)
              If other drivers aren't blinded by the reflection off your hood, your not done yet.

Comment

Wow q_tip... that's rough. I can't imagine the amount of force that it'd take to break a backing plate across someone's head. OUCH!

The plate can be replaced as can the chemicals... I'm very glad you're okay.

Having spent a lot of time in and around the Seattle area when moving back and forth between the airport (SEATAC) and Yakima (a job site that I manage), I've seen my share of nasty wrecks there. They're not fun to see nor witness.

Best of luck getting everything buttoned up and you definitely bring a very good point about making sure that things are secure within your vehicle to avoid such instances.

RP
                -The Final Detail-
                Lagrange, Kentucky
                thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by q_tip98444
                  I wanted to detail it one last time. but decided not to when I saw the look on the guys face that was from our insurance company lol. (I kinda muttered, I bet I could take those scratches out, and he looked at me like, dude, your weird)
                  That's the best way to deal with things like this. I find humor is quite a powerful healing force.

I wish you great chiropractors, massage therapists, and recovery. I also wish you swift and more-than-fair insurance.

Best of luck.
                  "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
                  R.A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by SingingSabre
                    That's the best way to deal with things like this. I find humor is quite a powerful healing force.

I wish you great chiropractors, massage therapists, and recovery. I also wish you swift and more-than-fair insurance.

Best of luck.
                    Thanks. I just look at it this way, atleast I won't get killed on trade in . I'm actually thinking about painting this little truck that was given to me the same color as my car since it looked so good when it was properly cleaned. Well again thanks everyone, oh and I got a new backing plate .

Comment

glad to hear your ok everything else can be replacted but a life cannot be...fell better, and keep detailing

Comment

I'm sorry to hear your painful experience. But welcome online.
                        1995 Camry LE- Forest Green Pearl/Ivory Cloth
                        2004 Sienna XLE Limited- Blue Mirage Metallic/Stone Leather

Comment

Glad to hear you're OK! Most people don't realize how much damage can be done by loose objects in a vehicle! I heard that even a Kleenex box can injure you if it comes flying out of the back seat and hits you in the head just right.

RamAirV1
                          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by SingingSabre

I agree 110% I suffered a gunshot would to my right calf because of an accidental discharge (one way of saying I wasn't careful enough and shot myself )

I became a contestant in "The Game of Inches." Meaning had the bullet gone frations of an inch in ANY OTHER DIRECTION, I might have lost the use of my leg or even the leg itself.

Once I found out that I would recover 100%, I started joking. I told so many lies that I forgot what I told to who. I finally settled on one that became my favorite:

When I was still on crutches and someone asked what happened, I would tell them "Lead poisoning."

**If you think about it, it's the God's honest truth.**

One of my Co-workers came up with another good one from the point of view of my son asking me a question:

From my son: "Dad have you ever been shot?"

Me: "Yes."

Son: "What happened to the guy who shot you?"

Me: "I shot him."

Again, EVERY WORD is the truth

The wife got SOOOO mad at me for making light of it, but I told her: "If I don't make fun of it, I'll go crazy with the 'What if' stuff."
                            Don
                            12/27/2015
                            "Darth Camaro"
                            2013 Camaro ... triple black
                            323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Originally posted by Don
                              When I was still on crutches and someone asked what happened, I would tell them "Lead poisoning."

**If you think about it, it's the God's honest truth.**
                              Last night's CSI was very similar! The guy had a bullet in his thigh... he died of lead poisoning... turns out it was chocolate. Who would've guessed?

RP
                              -The Final Detail-
                              Lagrange, Kentucky
                              thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                              CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');