• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotary Buffer backing plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotary Buffer backing plates

I was wondering what backing plate do i need for a rotary buffer. Which one holds the 7" pads that i would use on my DA. Also, does the yellow and maroon cutting pads need a different backing plate. Please help.

Re: Rotary Buffer backing plates

You need a W68 backing plate.
    It is compatible with all of the 7" Soft Buff 2.0 pads (color does not matter, they are the exact same size and shape).

The Meguiars Mirror Glaze W68 Polisher Backing Plate has a 5/8” -11 spindle thread that fits all compatible rotary (circular) polishers. The backing plate is perfectly centered when used with Meguiar's 7 Inch Soft Buff 2.0 Pads. Features:
    • Allows quick and easy pad changes with Velcro® backing system
    • Beveled, flexible urethane edge
    • Fits all air and electric dual-action polishers with 5/8"-11 spindle

Comment

Re: Rotary Buffer backing plates

I always thought this to be a good Gauge. I got this from Auto Geek, do a search yourself, I'm just copying the data.

Remove and replace pads easily from the hook & loop surface. The hook & loop material is molded into the plate so it will not come off.

The Flexible Backing Plate LC-43-175 measures 7” and is perfect for the Curved Edge 8.5" Foam Pads and 8 inch pads. Fits all rotary buffers with 5/8" diameter shaft.

The Flexible Backing Plate LC-43-160 measures 6” and is perfect for the Curved Edge 7.5" Foam Pads and 8.5 inch pads. Fits all rotary buffers with 5/8" diameter shaft.

The Flexible Backing Plate LC-43-125 measures 4.75” and is perfect for the 6.5" Foam Pads. Fits all rotary buffers with 5/8" diameter shaft.

The Flexible Backing Plate LC-43-095 is 3.75" and works perfectly with 4" or 5" pads. Fits all rotary buffers with 5/8" diameter shaft.

---------------------

Circular/rotary polishers can be used with larger foam and wool pads to cover a wider path as you polish. Our pads fit the Makita 9227C and DeWalt 849 Variable Speed Polisher, Craftsman Professional Sander/Polisher model #11506, Vector WaxxPro Circular Polisher VEC-236, and Coleman Powermate 7 inch Sander/Polisher PMB7284.

Choose between Lake Country 7.5 inch and 8.5 inch hook & loop pads. If you’re using a 6 inch hook & loop rotary backing plate, use the 7.5 inch pads to provide a generous lip of foam around the perimeter of the backing plate. This lip will protect your vehicle by providing a buffer zone between the plate and the vehicle. Likewise, use the 8.5 foam pads on a 7 inch backing plate. Our Advanced Curved Edge kits are a smart way to buy foam pads at a substantial savings.

If you prefer wool pads, Autogeek offers two types of 8.5 inch Lake Country wool pads: cutting and polishing. Use them with a 7 inch rotary hook & loop backing plate on your professional rotary polisher.

The Edge 2000 8 inch pads adapt to any circular polisher by way of a drive adapter. The Edge 8 inch pads are also available in the Wave variety for increased ventilation.

We also stock the Meguiars 8 inch Soft Buff foam pads to be used with a Meguiars rotary backing plate.

For spot polishing, choose from Spot Buffs 4 inch pads or Lake Country 4 inch Low Profile Pads. Both attach directly to your circular polisher using the 2 ¾ inch backing plate or the 3 ¾ inch backing plate.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');