• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#26 on metallic paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #26 on metallic paint

Hello all:

I've been reading how #26 is great on solid color paints, but my cars all have metallic paint. How's #26 on metallics? I'm asking because #26 & Mother's Pure Carnauba are the only pure non-cleaning waxes I can get at the local auto parts stores. I already tried Mother's. It was decent, but nothing spectacular. Any and all opinions are welcome input!
    Too much of a good thing is even better!

Re: #26 on metallic paint

Originally posted by termigator69
    Hello all:

I've been reading how #26 is great on solid color paints, but my cars all have metallic paint. How's #26 on metallics? I'm asking because #26 & Mother's Pure Carnauba are the only pure non-cleaning waxes I can get at the local auto parts stores. I already tried Mother's. It was decent, but nothing spectacular. Any and all opinions are welcome input!
    Hi termigator69,

Meguiar's #26 Hi Tech Yellow wax adds a lot of gloss, richness and clarity. It's unique in that it doesn't dry white, when it dries but in fact is somewhat clear on the surface if you apply a thin coat. That's why we don't state in the instructions to wait for this wax to, dry to a haze because it doesn't. It is important to wait for 10-20 minutes, depending on temperature and humidity, before removing.

#26 Hi Tech Yellow wax is a non-cleaning, pure wax. It is not a Carnauba wax, but in fact is a blended wax with Carnauba as one of the ingredients.

This wax is intended to only be applied to new, like new or previously cleaned and polished paints. Try applying two thin coats to your car's finish and or comparing it to other waxes on the hood or deck like to see if you like there results.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Will #26 also be getting new tin cans like NXT & Gold Class? I just noticed the new Gold Class container at Autozone and was wondering if/when they'll do the same with #26. I like the metal containers much better. Much easier to get at the wax with the provided applicator.

Comment

Hey,

I have used #26 for many years!! I always used it as a topper over #20 Polymer Sealant. I found the #20 would be really reflective and bring out the metallics. Then by topping with #26, I would get the added warmth, and depth.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
          Hey,

I have used #26 for many years!! I always used it as a topper over #20 Polymer Sealant. I found the #20 would be really reflective and bring out the metallics. Then by topping with #26, I would get the added warmth, and depth.

Tim

Have you tried #26 on top of NXT? I already have NXT and #20 is unavailable locally.

Comment

Will #26 also be getting new tin cans like NXT & Gold Class? I just noticed the new Gold Class container at Autozone and was wondering if/when they'll do the same with #26. I like the metal containers much better. Much easier to get at the wax with the provided applicator.
            Hi termigator69,

All Meguiar's paste waxes will now be packaged in the new tin cans.

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Hi termigator69,

All Meguiar's paste waxes will now be packaged in the new tin cans.

Mike
              Great! I love the new cans. I'll just wait for the #26 in the new can.

Augustine

Comment

I have a light colored (Silver) metallic paint and the combo of #20 and #26 makes my paint look "wet." I love this look:

Hope these pics help convince you
                1999 Ford Contour SVT
                Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
                1966/2760

Comment

Does the car feel oily after you buff it? I tried #26 paste on my hood a couple of days ago, but I noticed the hood had a hazy film on it. It was pretty tough to get off, even with QD. I let it fully dry before buffing. Any ideas?

Augustine

Comment

Have you tried #26 on top of NXT? I already have NXT and #20 is unavailable locally.
                    Yes, I have tried it on top. In the case of NXT Tech wax, I prefer the look of just the NXT on its own. But that is just my preference. You may like the look with the #26. What you should do, is try apply NXT with #26 on one side of your hood and then just 2 coats of NXT on the other. That way, you can see what looks best in your eyes!

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I just found out the Autozone is having a sale on #26 Yellow Wax, 4.99 a jar. I think I'll forego the tin can and just pick a couple of the plastic cans up now!

Comment

"Does the car feel oily after you buff it?" The only time the paint feels "oily" is after the application of the polish (#81 in my case), but that means that the polish is doing its job!! After I put #20 on, the "oily" feeling goes away, and after #26 it's just smooth as glass.
                        1999 Ford Contour SVT
                        Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
                        1966/2760

Comment

I just received a shipment today and I'm going to top NXT with #26. Can I apply #26 with a 9006 pad and PC. How should I apply the #26 with the PC? Same as I put on the NXT?
                          Give me a dirty martini and a great cigar, cause nothing beats a nice tight white ash!

Located on the West Coast of the East Coast of North America (Tampa, Florida)

Comment

Originally posted by ftboomer
                            Can I apply #26 with a 9006 pad and PC?
                            Yes
                            How should I apply the #26 with the PC?
                            On the 3.0 setting using slow gentle passes with light pressure, overlapping each pass.

Same as I put on the NXT?
                            Yes.

Mike
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Does the car feel oily after you buff it? I tried #26 paste on my hood a couple of days ago, but I noticed the hood had a hazy film on it. It was pretty tough to get off, even with QD. I let it fully dry before buffing. Any ideas?

Augustine
                              After removing the dried #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax, the finish should feel smooth, glassy, slick and dry. It should not feel oily.

It sounds like somethings wrong with either the product, the application, or the removal.

Send me your phone number and I'll call you further trouble shoot.

Click here to send Mike Phillips an e-mail

Mike
                              Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');