• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help would be appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help would be appreciated

Hey guys!

I was thinking about starting a mobile detailing business where I'd go around in a van to my customers instead of having them come to me. Could you give me any suggestions (What to have in the van, Professional line vs. Consumer line of products, etc)

Thanks,
    -Fred.

Re: Help would be appreciated

Very general.........but if you plan on detailing full time then I would suggest going the Professional Line.

If planning on doing mainly daily drivers with simple one step processes:

-D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream and/or M66 Quick Detailer

-Either M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax or M21 Synthetic Sealant

-G110v2

-At least 6 8207 polishing pads and several 9207 finishing pads

-Microfiber Towels (autodetailingsolutions.net has a package of 100 that you can buy for $79.99 I believe)

-Cotton Terry Towels

-Wheel Brightener

-All Purpose Cleaner

-Super Degreaser

-Brushes of all kind (for interior and exterior)

-One of the Detailer Line car washes

-Ultimate Wash and Wax

-All Season Dressing

-Hyper-Dressing

-Foam applicators

-D120 Glass Cleaner

-Synthetic Express Spray Wax

-Quik Interior Detailer (new gallon size)

That's all I can think of right now. I am sure others will chime in. See if you can find an email for Superior Shine, Nick Chapman, Tuck91 and J.A. Michaels. They have all either detailed full time or are still detailing full time.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I appreciate it Shawn, but I won't be detailing full time. I'm a student, so if that changes what I should be getting for supplies, let me know.

Comment

I've been using the following products for my own cars, so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use them for a business...

-Gold Class Wash
        -Cleaner Paste Wax
        -Ultimate Quik Detailer
        -Supreme Shine Protectant

Comment

I would also get some All Purpose Cleaner and Super Degreaser. Great bang for the buck as they can be diluted at 4:1 and 10:1.

Microfibers are still crucial.

Gold Class is good but if you're doing several cars, you may want to get a gallon of Gold Class or a gallon of another wash.

Ultimate Quik Detailer is great for a final wipedown.

Supreme Shine is one of my favorites but it doesn't last very long. I would invest in a gallon of Hyper-Dressing since it can be diluted up to 4:1.

Some will punch me for this........but get some Dawn to use on the especially dirty wheels, tires and wheel wells only.

Cleaner/wax paste is good if you want to go at this by hand.

If you have the money, invest in a G110v2. It really makes any job easy and more effective.

You can use Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax to use as a topper to the Cleaner/Wax if you are looking to do this at the least cost to you. Actually, Cleaner/Wax (liquid, applied with the G110v2 at speed 5) topped with Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax will be my go to combo for the most basic daily driver detail. Throw in a vacuum probably.

Glass cleaner of some kind.

An interior protectant, unless you use Supreme Shine on interiors.

2 or 3 wash mitts.

A few Water Magnet drying towels.

That should be about it. It seems like a lot, but I have all this stuff and I only do a car every so often for money. But, I also have to keep 4 family cars looking great and they are all black.
          Tedrow's Detailing
          845-642-1698
          Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Suggestions

I'm planning on starting a mobile detailing business (I'm a student, so it would be on weekends, after class, etc.) Anyways, these were the products I was planning on using: (All of these are from the Meguiar's Pro-Detailer line of products)

Exterior Wash
            x HyperWash or Gold Class (Which do you think is better? I've been using Gold Class on my cars.)

Wheels/Tires
            x Wheel Brightener
            x (What type of dressing do you think is the best: Silicon-Free, All Season, Or HyperDressing?)

Engine Bay:
            x Super Degreaser

Interior:
            All Purpose Cleaner

Windows:
            x Glass Cleaner Concentrate

Wax:
            x Last Touch Spray Detailer (Before the wax to remove any small debris)
            x Xpress Liquid Wax
            ------------------------------------
            These are the packages I was thinking about offering, any suggestions on what to add/ prices?

Bronze Package
            • Hand washed using a Micro-fiber Wash Hand dried with a premium Chamois
            • Wheels and tires cleaned
            • Glass cleaned (inside and out)

Silver Package
            • Everything in the "Bronze Package" Including the following:
            • Polished with: Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer
            • Hand waxed
            • Interior Vacuumed and Wiped Down

Gold Package
            • Everything in the "Silver Package" Including the following:
            • Clay Bar Treatment
            • Headlight Restoration
            • Engine Bay Cleaned

---------------------------------

One last thing, we own a Chevy Pick-Up Truck that is in pretty good condition, do you think getting a truck box for it would be the best way of securing all of the chemicals so they won't get stolen?

All suggestions are appreciated

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');