• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you remove paint overspray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you remove paint overspray?

I took my kid's Mustang in for convertible repair. I saw that they did interior work so I had them dye the drivers door panel because it was wearing in spots (it's light grey). They oversprayed everywhere. I was able to clean it off the painted surfaces with #83 applied by hand and with enough scrubbing with the Meguiars rubber/vinyl cleaner, got it off the rubber window sweeps.

How do I get it off the black grained interior plastic like the around the window switches and the switches themselves? I know I can use goo-off but I'm afraid that may attack the plastic and rub the lettering off the buttons.

Sorry to hear about that. Will the repair shop fix this for you? I see you used #39 for the rubber window sweeps.

Did you try #39 for the grained interior plastic you mentioned?

Comment

I haven't gone back to the place that did it because if they are that incompetent, who knows what other damage they can cause. I haven't tried #39 on the interior but I can't imagine it will be strong enough.

Comment

If its on the buttons, maybe try a clay bar?? I know it works well on the painted surfaces.

Comment

I tried clay on the interior and that didn't work on the grained surfaces surrounding the buttons.

Comment

I dont know how risky you wannah take this but what I do for paint on plastic stuff is use your finger nail and scrap the top layer JUst the top layer off of the paint and then use like Meguiar's Cleaner Wax or Scratch X. Or you could have fun with paint thinner or lacquor thinner too, but protect immediately!! Used paint thinner on the bottom of my glossy plastic bumper since I had a little to much fun going over newly painted road lines. Weeee! (looks under tire wells, DOPE!)

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');