• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how fast or slow with rotary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how fast or slow with rotary?

Still learning here but my first attemp on black pain is not that bad. I used white foam pad 44-629 from 3M and light abrasive for swirls. I didnt get all the swirls out my first go cause I did not know how much clear coat I can take off. I have learned much from attending live class with Mike in Irvine Ca. But they used primarily the DA. I witnessed how they go real slow using their yellow pad. 2'x2' section maybe 4-5 seconds each pass, left, right, up down. But what about using rotary?? 1400 to 1650rpm's (thats all my old school Makita has 2 speed). I've watched youtube vids and they go pretty fast maybe 2-3 seconds each pass so thats what I did and again not all swirls removed but big improvement. So what do you guys recommend with Rotary. I dont have the $$$ for DA right now but maybe will get one down the road. Thanks

Re: how fast or slow with rotary?

There are a lot of variables at play here. Keep at it.

Comment

Re: how fast or slow with rotary?

Yea, i know this is sorta old but what I learned is the type of pad, rpm, hand speed, pressure and chemical will determine how the paint corrects.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');