• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Nissan Altima "Super Black" Repair Chip & Scratch Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Nissan Altima "Super Black" Repair Chip & Scratch Project

New guy here that owns three black cars. Each has scratch repair needs but I'll start with the 09 Altima and use my 98 Cavalier z24 as a test car before hitting the Altima since it has similiar issues.

First up is the chip that we think happened in a parking lot without any ding.

I purchased KH3 Paint straight from Nissan called "Super Black."

So HERE was my idea on how to fix it.
    **Night before let soak 1,000 grit paper**
    1. Apply some chemical to clean all wax etc from area.
    2. Apply "Super Black" Touch up with the brush it comes with, sorta like nail polish.
    3. Let stand for 30 mins
    4. Sand down paint to even it out.
    5. Let sit for 24 hours
    6. Apply Clear Coat Paint - with nail polish like brush
    7. ??? Wet sand this??? with 1,000 Grit
    ***Was going to purchase the "Meguiar's G110v2***
    8. Buff out scratches from Sand paper with G110v2 and "Ultimate Compound." Not sure of pad to use.

Not sure what step to do here
    9. Apply polish with G110v2 and Meguiars polish of some kind and not sure what pad with G110v2.

10. Apply NXT 2.0 Wax with G110v2 with a pad. Not sure which pad again. Im buffer stupid.

Below is the trunk that looks like previous owner loved to place things.

Please lots of input for this newb. And should I buy that buffer and what pads do what?
    Last edited by Markus Kleis; Sep 1, 2010, 04:23 PM. Reason: Photos far too large, ImageShack hosting issues

Re: 2009 Nissan Altima "Super Black" Repair Chip & Scratch Project

Hi Caseypayne,

I edited your post because the photos were about three times wider than would fit on my 22-inch wide screen! Yikes! Also, ImageShack uses links and creates a lot of issues.

Could you possibly take a look at THIS thread and re-post the images in a reply after hosting them on our image hosting site? It will be a lot easier for everyone to see and help out.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for fixing that. I noticed there isn't an "edit" post option too.

Above is the paint chip on the door.

Above is the spot were the previous owner layed stuff on the trunk and scratched it.

Above is were I took off the front plate older, I'm not sure if this is rock chips or permenant bug damage. Not sure the best way to fix this. You can see were the plate used to be.

Comment

I also just read that a rotary buffer is used for cleaning the scratches from the sand paper not the Meguiar model. Is this true?

Comment

120+ views and no comments. Just wow for all the input.

Anyway, when it comes to bug damage on the front bumper, what is the usual way to fix the front bumper?

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');